Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it 1,5 hours enough to visit Horyuji? 2013/10/4 09:09
I'd like to visit Horyuji Temple in my next visit to Nara, but I will only have about one hour and a half to visit it (I'll arrive to the door around 15:00 and the complex will close at 16:30). Is it enough time? I'd love to go, but if it isn't enough time to appreciate the place, I rather skip the visit to Horyuji to have more time for the other sights in Nara.
by Okazaky  

Re: Is it 1,5 hours enough to visit Horyuji? 2013/10/4 12:47
If you visit at a medium to fast pace, you should be able to see everything within 90 minutes. But if you like to see everything in detail at a slow pace (main complex, treasure house and yumedo hall and eventual additional parts of the complex), then 90 minutes may not be enough.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is it 1,5 hours enough to visit Horyuji? 2013/10/4 18:29
Horyuji is quite vast, with adjacent temples as well. 90 minutes should be okay- do see the treasury as well as the main two compounds. If you can allow two hours, then it would be better though,
by Horyuji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it 1,5 hours enough to visit Horyuji? 2013/10/4 20:53
I think you may be a little rushed, but if that is all the time you have, it can be done. I also enjoyed strolling around the "city" of Horyu-ji, it's a cute little area with some nice shops.

The museum is pretty cool, but the grounds itself are the real attraction.
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread