Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hike to arima onsen 2013/10/14 08:57
Hi,
I'm coming from Kyoto and would like to hike to arima onsen through momiji park in mt. rokko. Long hikes are okay, we will stay in arima for one night.

Does anyone have any information about trails in this area? I tried to look online but couldn't find any good maps.

Thanks!
by mikan2012  

Re: hike to arima onsen 2014/5/24 15:30
I hiked from Rokko station via all mountains to Arima Onsen a few days ago.

A free excellent map with hiking trails included is available from the tourist information center next to Sannomiya JR station (in the heart of Kobe).

The trails that I used were perfectly maintained and more than adequately sign-posted.

The way down from Rokko-san was a bit boring though as it felt like a hiking motorway.

I spent a day on the hike, but that is me rushing through the boring parts for physical exercise and nosing around on the interesting parts to satisfy curiosity. In full speed focus mode this should take 4 hours of walking. Your mileage will vary.

I am sitting in Kobe right now, having had a very relaxing hike up to the herb garden; were I to stay for longer, that trail up would be quite nice to get to Mount Maya then onwards to whatever you can fit in.

I can only whole-heartedly recommend getting the map and doing some hikes out of Kobe, as the connectivity to trains is just excellent. Note, though, that for the Kansai region the Kansai Thru Pass gets you on mostly on the better trains with more connections.
by duckamuck (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread