Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arashiyama itinerary 2013/10/17 16:17
Hi planning to go Kyoto at the end of December, thinking to go a side trip to Arashiyama by car.
I will go with my 15 months old baby, therefore, we can't walk too much especially in the winter time.

Questions:
1)any snow there ard 29/Dec?
2) Any sightseeing points are good to visit?
3) Is there many small shpos and restaurants arond Togetsukyo bridge that we can easy access and get park?
4) do you recommend me to go TOEI Kyoto studio park with a 15 months old baby? because I am sure I wont able to see those film process, what about just walk around in the park?

Thanks!Please advise!
by Gigi (guest)  

Re: Arashiyama itinerary 2013/10/19 10:25
Hi planning to go Kyoto at the end of December, thinking to go a side trip to Arashiyama by car.

It is highly discouraged to visit Arashiyama by car, especially during the holiday seasons, such as the year-end time. Even if you make it to a parking lot there, you would still have to actually walk around to the various sights.

Unlikely but not impossible.

All of them:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3912.html

3) Is there many small shpos and restaurants arond Togetsukyo bridge that we can easy access and get park?

No. Most shops and sights do not have their own parking lot. And during weekends and the busy travel seasons, the district is packed with cars and there are long traffic jams.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Arashiyama itinerary 2013/10/19 10:51
Possibly yes.

My reco is Tenryu-ji temple. You can also see bamboo forest behind that.

There're many restaurants and shops, but not sure if they have car parks.

4) do you recommend me to go TOEI Kyoto studio park with a 15 months old baby? because I am sure I wont able to see those film process, what about just walk around in the park?
Mmm. I've not been there. Check out their website, and give it a try if you're attracted. But it must be very cold walk outside in the end of Dec.
by Ray (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arashiyama itinerary 2013/10/19 12:14
I can offer some insight on the Toei Park - you may actually get to see some other outdoor filming if it is going on, like my friends and I did. It was really cool! However they ask that you remain silent, so if the baby is being fussy, you may have to step away.

However, much of the park is VERY enjoyable to walk around without doing the activities. They have some neat film sets that you can just walk through. If you're going with a group, I say definitely tag along - if you're just going by yourself though, maybe not. You pay extra to get into the paid exhibits, so you're not necessarily missing out on anything. Me and my late twenty something friends all loved that place.
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread