Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transfer at Utsunomiya station 2013/10/25 04:27
How much time do I need to change at Utsunomiya station from shinkansen from Tokyo to Nikko Line to Nikko?

Would 6 minutes be enough time or should I choose another connection? I won't take luggage with me.

Thank you!
by Bullet Train  

Re: Transfer at Utsunomiya station 2013/10/25 12:56
You should be able to make it but should try to rush for it if you don't know your way around the station.
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer at Utsunomiya station 2013/10/25 12:58
Here is the map for the station
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e248.html
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer at Utsunomiya station 2013/10/26 15:49
Thank you very much!
by Bullet Train rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer at Utsunomiya station 2013/10/26 16:04
One question: Do I have to pass the "shinkansen transfer" in the center of the station to change from shinkansen to Nikko line?

Re: Transfer at Utsunomiya station 2013/10/26 16:57
Yes, you do. The Nikko line is on track 5, 2 levels below the Shinkansen lines. The JR transfer gate/JR gate is shaped like a triangle, so when you see it from the Shinkansen lines, go to the right exit and then immediately turn right for track 5. Its location is a little obscured from the Shinkansen side, so when you see the turnstiles to leave the Shinkansen and head to the exits, make sure you head to the smaller turnstiles at about the 2 o'clock direction on a clock, then turn 90 degrees right and you'll see the stairs going down for track 5.

I hope I didn't confuse you further!
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer at Utsunomiya station 2013/10/26 17:05
Yes,just show yr PASS at transfer gate.

if enough time regular rickate gate out.
but 6 min transfer is not enough for shopping or eating.

This is morning rush(get off) video at inside of ticket gate(after transfer gate).
http://youtu.be/M_HMp-SgVn4
Utsunomiya stn is not so big.
by Dnc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer at Utsunomiya station 2013/10/26 23:09
Thanks to you both.

reply to this thread