Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

All Nikko Pass 2013/10/31 15:29
Hihi, This is in regards to All Nikko Pass.

As far as my research shows, costing will be as such:

All Nikko Pass - Y4400
Upgrade to SPACIA Kegon / Kinu - Y1120x2way (weekday)

So my costing should I purchase at Asakusa, should come up to Y6640, or Y13280 for 2 pax.

Then, i considered purchasing it online.

ALL NIKKO PASS
Adult(s)(Age of 12 or over)
Quantity: 2 
Amount: 8,800

From When to Use - 19 / 02 / 2014

Total Sum of Reserved Pass - 8,800

Outward
Date of Boarding (dd/mm/yyyy) - 19 / 02 / 2014
Name of Train - KINU 103
Departure Station - 08:00:00 Departure
Destination Station - Tobu-nikko (09:50:00 Arrival)
Number of Passes - Adult 2 2,080
Notes - No Smoking Seat

Homeward
Date of Boarding (dd/mm/yyyy) - 19 / 02 / 2014

Name of Train - KINU 138
Departure Station - 18:28:00 Departure
Destination Station - Asakusa (20:35:00 Arrival)
Number of Passes - Adult 2 1,600
Notes - No Smoking Seat

Total Sum of Express
3,680 (i assume this is after the deduction of the above All Nikko Pass)

Total Sum of Your Reservation

Comparing if i purchased there it would be 13+, and online at 12+, i'm wondering is this before the transaction fees and such? the next page leads to credit card payment. If this is the final cost, I will definitely be booking via online. Or is there an additional fee i will have to pay when collecting my passes when I arrive?
by Mazui (guest)  

Re: All Nikko Pass 2013/11/3 04:32
To begin from the conclusion, you will not save the Ltd. Express fees by making reservations online.
- http://tobu-discountpass.tobutravel.co.jp/client_en/dpass.php#all_nikk...

Please note that Ltd. Express KINU trains are not available at Tobu Nikko Station.
Tobu railway timetables for Nikko / Kinugawa travelers are in a pamphlet concerning discount passes, which is available in a PDF file.
- http://www.tobu.co.jp/foreign/pdf/pamphlet.pdf

[Cost on passes and a Ltd. Express service]

Ltd. Express fees of Tobu may depend on trains. A time-zone discount applies regarding some of the trains bound for Kinugawa-onsen which are to depart from Asakusa in the afternoon
and some of the trains bound for Asakusa which are to depart from Kinugawa-onsen in the evening.

This time-zone discount does not apply when you take KINU 103.
The regular weekday price of a Ltd. Express fee for Asakusa -- Shimo-imaichi is 1300 yen. After a discount by 20 percent for pass holders, the price becomes 1040 yen.
So, the outward Ltd. Express cost for the two adults is 2080 yen.

When you take KINU 138, the time-zone discount applies.
The price after the time-zone discount of a Ltd. Express fee for Shimo-imaichi -- Asakusa is 1000 yen. After a further discount by 20 percent for pass holders, the price becomes 800 yen.
So, the homeward Ltd. Express cost for the two adults is 1600 yen.

The price of an All Nikko Pass for an adult is 4400 yen. So, the cost on passes for the two adults is 8800 yen.

As a result, the total cost in your case on All Nikko Passes and a Ltd. Express service for the two adults will be 12480 yen.

[How your passes may pay off]

A regular one-way base fare to travel between Asakusa and Tobu Nikko is 1320 yen.
The regular rail cost for the two adults will be 9880 yen (= 2 x (1320 yen + 1300 yen + 1320 + 1000 yen)).

So, I suppose your All Nikko Passes will pay off if you use them to save other costs by more than 2600 yen for the two persons, i.e. by more than 1300 yen per person.

----
Tobu Nikko Free Pass
- http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_002.html

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

P.S. 2013/11/3 04:43
Does "mazui" mean something in your language?
(In Japanese "mazui" means being / tasting / looking bad....)

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread