Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus reservation - Kofu to Shosenkyo Gorge 2013/11/3 22:22
Hi,

I will be going to Shosenkyo Gorge via Kofu Station on 11th Nov '13.

May I know if there is any way to make a advance reservation for this particular bus trip as I understand it could be very crowded.

If there is no way to make a reservation, what are the chances of getting a seat on the bus? I will reach Kofu Station @ 0840hrs and is hoping to catch the 0910hrs or 0945hrs bus.

Thank you.
by kim110913  

Re: Bus reservation - Kofu to Shosenkyo Gorge 2013/11/4 12:14
May I know if there is any way to make a advance reservation for this particular bus trip as I understand it could be very crowded.

No, seat reservations are not possible. It is a regular city bus.

If there is no way to make a reservation, what are the chances of getting a seat on the bus?

Very good, considering that it is a regular weekday. Usually the bus company makes sure to provide enough capacity. And especially on weekdays it is not usually a problem. You may have to stand in a packed bus, though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus reservation - Kofu to Shosenkyo Gorge 2013/11/4 13:06
I took that bus a few years back and while the morning bus to Shosenkyo was not crowded, the return bus in the afternoon was. Many people had to wait for the next bus.

At Shosenkyo taxi drivers were offering rides to Kofu station at 1000 yen per person for four persons; I should have taken that offer.
by muji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus reservation - Kofu to Shosenkyo Gorge 2013/11/4 14:22
Hi,

Uji & Muji, thanks for the info. Appreciated :)
by kim110913 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus reservation - Kofu to Shosenkyo Gorge 2013/11/4 14:26
Thanks Kim for posting the question. It also answered a question I had for the following weekend!!
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread