Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kinosaki: Ryokan than onsen the next day? 2013/11/5 01:04
Hello,
I'm planning a trip in Japan for summer 2014. I was wondering if it was okay to first spend the night in a ryokan then the next morning go the onsen? Or is it better to really start with the onsen then the ryokan and leave the following morning.
Thanks for your answers.
by M. Claire (guest)  

Re: Kinosaki: Ryokan than onsen the next day? 2013/11/5 11:15
I think you can enjoy the experience either way. Visiting an onsen in the morning vs evening is personal preference.

Many people like to end the day at an onsen because it's relaxing after a long day of travel however, there are also people who enjoy starting the day off at an onsen. It gives you energy and puts you in a good mood from the beginning. Also, the onsen may have less people in the morning. A lot of people actually visit the onsen in both the evening and the morning to fully take advantage of the experience and onsen town.

If you have already decided to go to the onsen in the morning, it should be fine as long as you know the opening hours. Enjoy it!
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki: Ryokan than onsen the next day? 2013/11/5 11:46
Kinosaki has a somewhat unique system where the ryokan don't have their own baths and their guests are instead given free entry into the local public onsen. So at Kinosaki you typically check in to your ryokan first, then head out to try the onsen. You can bathe before or after dinner (or both), and/or then again in the morning.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki: Ryokan than onsen the next day? 2013/11/5 16:13
Thank you very much for your answer.
It's mostly because I prefer to spend 4 days straight in Kyoto than go to Kinosaki than to spend 3 days in kyoto than 1 day+night in kinosaki than 1 day in kyoto, to finish in hiroshima.
Thanks again!
by M. Claire (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki: Ryokan than onsen the next day? 2013/11/6 01:12
If I'm staying in a decent Ryokan/onsen town, I'd:

- check in as early as possible, and work out how many separate baths are available;
- have a bath pretty much immediately, probably in the main baths (because, when they're segregated, they often change round between men and women so the male bath in the evening will often be the female bath the next morning);
- relax a bit;
- have another bath (preferably in a different bath, if available) before dinner;
- have dinner;
- have another bath after dinner;
- have another bath before or after breakfast (depending on the timing of breakfast)

Bathe, eat, and relax. As much as possible.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki: Ryokan than onsen the next day? 2013/11/6 01:18
Kinosaki have 7 onsen place with different characteristic and if you stay in ryokan, you can visit all free of charge.

Check out this link so that you can decide which onsen to visit.

heart-of-japan.com/2012/02/20/the-seven-spas-of-kinosaki-onsen/

I have only manage to visit 3 or 4 onsen during my 1 night stayed in kinosaki.
by syng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki: Ryokan than onsen the next day? 2013/11/7 15:59
Thank you very much for the link and the idea of planning!
I'm wondering. Are the onsen free even the second day (day of departure)?
by M. Claire (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki: Ryokan than onsen the next day? 2013/11/7 17:57
use Yumepa ticket(pass). free until 10AM in the departure day.
http://www.kinosaki-spa.gr.jp/global/hotspring/yumepa.html
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread