Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica - add funds at non-Suica locations? 2013/11/17 14:38
I just arrived in Kyoto and realized when I used my Suica for the subway that my balance was running low. Can I add funds to it at a non-Suica machine, or can it only be done at Suica ones?

Thanks.

by frippscratch  

Re: Suica - add funds at non-Suica locations? 2013/11/17 15:57
Yes, you can charge Suica anywhere where the other nine IC cards introduced on the following page can be recharged, e.g. Suica cards can be recharged at ticket machines in JR stations across the Kyoto/Osaka area that have the Icoca symbol on it:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Suica - add funds at non-Suica locations? 2013/11/18 02:11
Hm? But the page says that Suica cards can only be used for JR East trains? They shouldn't work in Kyoto!?
by AndreaK rate this post as useful

Re: Suica - add funds at non-Suica locations? 2013/11/18 02:28
Why not? Check the table..

Kyoto:

JR transportation - can be used

non-JR transportation - Most trains - all 10 cards can be used, Buses and Eizan trains - all 10 cards cannot be used.
by 8BB76E1 rate this post as useful

Re: Suica - add funds at non-Suica locations? 2013/11/18 02:53
During my last vacation, I recharged and used my Suica card both in Fukuoka (subway) and Sapporo (subway and JR), no problem at all. So I guess at most places in between, you'll be fine.
by WizardOfOss rate this post as useful

Re: Suica - add funds at non-Suica locations? 2013/11/18 08:54
But the page says that Suica cards can only be used for JR East trains?

What page? Certainly not the one I linked to. Other pages may be out of date.

They shouldn't work in Kyoto!?

Yes, Suica can be used interchangeably with Icoca in Kyoto. It can be used on most trains (except Eizan), but not on the buses (just like Icoca).
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread