Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Problem of Apply visa for my wife? 2013/11/21 12:08
Hello All,

If I am going to work in japan with working visa. Can I apply a visa for my wife?
Because we just got married, so my company they don't have enough time for apply COE for my wife.

Can I apply the visa when we arrive japan? (she entry japan as tourist,) and apply a COE for her?
After she got the COE, can we can go to Taiwan or Korea's japan Embassy to apply Japan Visa Sticker for her?

Martin
by Martin (guest)  

Re: Problem of Apply visa for my wife? 2013/11/21 13:23
If I am going to work in japan with working visa. Can I apply a visa for my wife?

Yes, she would qualify for a dependent visa.

Can I apply the visa when we arrive japan? (she entry japan as tourist,) and apply a COE for her?

Yes, she can change her visa in Japan from a tourist to a dependent. No COE is required, you just apply for a change of status of residence at your local immigration office.

After she got the COE, can we can go to Taiwan or Korea's japan Embassy to apply Japan Visa Sticker for her?

No need. The change of residence would be completed at the immigration office in Japan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Problem of Apply visa for my wife? 2013/11/23 04:47

But base on our marry cert. we got marry in Netherlands. do we need translate into Japanese or need get stamp from the dutch gov.?

And seonc question, Car Leasing, I currently looking for get a car leasing in japan for 1-2 years. will there any company helping us to get a car leasing? I currently looking for a bmw x3 or bmw 320.

thanks.
by Martin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Problem of Apply visa for my wife? 2013/11/29 11:40
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread