Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to purchase ticket to Kinugawa 2013/11/25 19:21
I'm planning to go Kinugawa on 1/12/2013 which is Sunday. I did not plan to overnight at there, as i stay at Shinjuku.
Is it possible for me :
Shinjuku (Jr east)-- Kinugawa onsen station
Kinugawa onsen station (Tobu Railway)--Asakusa -- Shinjuku
I wish to purchase the Kinugawa themepark pass which include the Edo wonderland and Tobu World Square and also plus the train back to Asakusa together.
The reason I choose Tobu Railway when back is because Jr east does not have a later train back..Jr east last train back to Shinjuku is about 4pm..
That's why I choose Tobu railway to Asakusa and transfer to Shinjuku as it has a later train back which is 7.25pm
However, the problem i'm worrying is where can I purchase the train ticket for the Jr line as I stay at Shinjuku? Does it need to purchase prior one day before departure (Sunday)? or able to purchase on the day of departure?
And also, if I purchase the Kinugawa Themepark Pass through internet, do I need to really go to the Tobu Asakusa Station to exchange the real ticket? Does it need to exchange one day before the departure date?
If yes, can i exchange it at Saturday? The Tobu Asakusa Station Office is open business on Saturday? As i saw the website stated most of the exchange ticket office will close at weekend.

If I did not purchase the Kinugawa themepark ticket + train to Asakusa through internet, can I purchase on the spot?
by Ainsleyng  

Re: How to purchase ticket to Kinugawa 2013/11/26 09:41
Is it possible for me :
Shinjuku (Jr east)-- Kinugawa onsen station
Kinugawa onsen station (Tobu Railway)--Asakusa -- Shinjuku

Yes, that is possible.

I wish to purchase the Kinugawa themepark pass which include the Edo wonderland and Tobu World Square and also plus the train back to Asakusa together.

That is not possible if you intend to take the direct train from Shinjuku to access Kinugawa. You can only use it if you travel from Asakusa.

However, the problem i'm worrying is where can I purchase the train ticket for the Jr line as I stay at Shinjuku?

At any JR ticket office in Japan. Or online:
http://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/Com...

Does it need to purchase prior one day before departure (Sunday)? or able to purchase on the day of departure?

If you buy it at a ticket office, you can buy it just before departure time. But note that seat reservations are required on the Shinjuku-Kinugawa train. In case there are no vacant seats left, you could not use the train.

And also, if I purchase the Kinugawa Themepark Pass through internet, do I need to really go to the Tobu Asakusa Station to exchange the real ticket?

No, you can just buy the ticket at Asakusa Station. No exchange is needed.

More importantly again is that the Kinugawa Themepark Pass cannot be used on the Shinjuku-Kinugawa trains.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: How to purchase ticket to Kinugawa 2013/11/26 11:00
If I wish to purchase kinugawa themepark pass and ticket for return I have to buy at Asakusa station? and can i buy ticket from shinjuku to kinugawa separately at shinjuku station? as you mentioned the kinugawa themepark pass is not able for shinkansen train.

I'm planning to go at Sunday.. can i buy the ticket at shinjuku station for shinkansen and asakusa station for tobu railway + kinugawa themepark pass, both on Saturday? the ticket office is open on Saturday?
by Ainsleyng rate this post as useful

Re: How to purchase ticket to Kinugawa 2013/11/26 11:50
If I wish to purchase kinugawa themepark pass and ticket for return I have to buy at Asakusa station?

The return trip is included with the Kinugawa Themepark Pass. If you use the Kinugawa Themepark Pass, you have to travel via Asakusa in both directions.

and can i buy ticket from shinjuku to kinugawa separately at shinjuku station?

Yes.

as you mentioned the kinugawa themepark pass is not able for shinkansen train.

I never mentioned that, although it is true. What I wanted to make clear is that the Kinugawa Themepark Pass cannot be used on the direct trains between Shinjuku and Kinugawa.

can i buy the ticket at shinjuku station for shinkansen and asakusa station for tobu railway + kinugawa themepark pass, both on Saturday?

Yes. But note that the Kinugawa Themepark Pass is unlikely to pay off unless you use it on both the outward journey and the return journey.

the ticket office is open on Saturday?

Yes, they are generally open everyday of the week.

Re: How to purchase ticket to Kinugawa 2013/11/26 12:15
Thanks for the information.
So the most easy way is buy the kinugawa themepark pass, which depart at asakusa and return to asakusa?
The kinugawa themepark pass is only valid for normal train right? If I wish to purchase limited express train I have to buy separately as kinugawa themepark pass does not include limited express train?
by Ainsleyng rate this post as useful

Re: How to purchase ticket to Kinugawa 2013/11/26 16:40
So the most easy way is buy the kinugawa themepark pass, which depart at asakusa and return to asakusa?

That is the option you should select if you want to use the kinugawa themepark pass. Whether it is the easiest or not depends on the person. I personally would rather prefer comfort and speed over the kinugawa themepark pass.

The kinugawa themepark pass is only valid for normal train right?

It is valid for normal trains, but it is possible to use limited express trains between Asakusa and Kinugawa by paying the limited express fee separately. The limited express trains between Shinjuku and Kinugawa are not covered at all, and you cannot upgrade to them.

reply to this thread