Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus connection between Tsumago and Nagiso 2013/12/11 14:21
Hi, I am planning a day trip to Kiso Valley (Magome to Tsumago) on 27 Dec 2013 and would like to leave Nagiso by train back to Kyoto at 2031h. From the websites, it seems like the last bus operated by Ontake Kotsu leave Tsumago for Nagiso at 1741h.

If we want to stay in Tsumago till late, is it easy to walk to Nagiso from Tsumago by ourselves and how long will it take? Is it dangerous?

Is taxi services readily available and the average costs?

Are the bus stops between Magome and Nakatsugawa easy to find?

Thank you!
by Caris (guest)  

Re: Bus connection between Tsumago and Nagiso 2013/12/12 01:39
If you walk following the Nakasendo on the route past the castle site, it takes about 40 minutes at most. You can add time depending on whether you head up to the castle site or stop in at a temple along the way.

The bus doesn't follow this route so if you decide to walk, you'll walk all the way to Nagiso station.

There could be taxis, but by that time, the few that are around are piled up in front of Nagiso Station. You could call or ask a restaurant to get one for you. I don't know the cost, but calling for one costs more than just flagging one down.

I had a long wait in Nagiso for the next train so I just found a restaurant and had dinner there.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread