Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Katsura Villa Reservation 2013/12/11 20:16
For the tours of Katsura Villa, would it be possible to make a reservation at the Kyoto Imperial Palace just before the start of the tour? (assuming I can reach Katsura Villa just in time for the tour) I am planning to visit in early April next year.

When will online reservation be available for tours in April 2014? I noticed that the application website only shows up March 2014.

Thanks.
by blueseven (guest)  

Re: Katsura Villa Reservation 2013/12/12 11:50
If it currently ends at March then January 1 (Japan times) will be the day that you can apply for April.

If you want to visit Katsura, make sure you don't party and forget to apply on New Years. Katsura can be very competitive. Waiting even a day can sometimes mean it's been booked. (not sure if the agency is closed on New Years but I'd still make sure to do it that day).

If you are unable to get the reservation then you can always try to go on the day of the tour. No one can guarantee that you will get in a tour however, those who have done it seem to have had success. It's a risk you take.
by wert (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Katsura Villa Reservation 2013/12/14 14:41
thanks for the info
by blueseven (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Katsura Villa Reservation 2013/12/14 18:18
You are right to visit the garden of this imperial villa.
This is one of my most wonderful memories of Kyoto.http://www.soleilrouge.org/un-magnifique-jardin-japonais-katsura-la-vi...
by fuchan29 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread