Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rush Hour Times in Naha 2013/12/16 10:54
Hello! I know a lot of articles and comments say there's a good amount of traffic during rush hour on weekdays in Naha, Okinawa, but does anyone know the specific times?

Also is there traffic during weekends going from Naha to Nago? I'll be there from Dec 27-30, so it might be winter vacation?

Thanks!
by lala (guest)  

Re: Rush Hour Times in Naha 2013/12/16 12:53
When I was there, I found I never had a problem with traffic while on the expressway. Even when there were a lot of drivers on it, it moved at a good pace.

I was caught in some traffic in Naha itself. The rush hour traffic happens at the usual times. Probably around 8am in the morning and in the evening anywhere from 5-7 might be bad. But the city isn't that big so as long as you know where you're going it shouldn't take too long to get to where you need to go.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rush Hour Times in Naha 2013/12/16 13:46
December 27-30 are no regular weekdays. Rather, you will be confronted with New Year holiday traffic. But sorry, I am not familiar with the New Year holiday traffic patterns around Naha.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Rush Hour Times in Naha 2013/12/17 09:30
Ahh, okay. Thank you!

Is there a difference in taking the expressway vs. Route 58 on the weekends/during non-rush hour periods?
by lala (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rush Hour Times in Naha 2013/12/17 09:45
Is there a difference in taking the expressway vs. Route 58 on the weekends/during non-rush hour periods?

I think the time difference is considerable. Taking regular roads is probably 60 to 100 percent slower.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Rush Hour Times in Naha 2013/12/17 10:37
To drive the full stretch of the highway was only 1000yen so I felt it was well worth the money to save on the time. The expressway doesn't have stoplights and has a higher speed limit as well as multiple lanes for passing slow drivers. I also found the drive to be quite scenic considering ti was an expressway.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread