Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Online Bus Booking to Shirakawa-go 2013/12/24 11:43
I am a tourist from Malaysia and intend to visit shirakawa-go from Takayama in April 2014. I do not speak or read the Japanese language and would like to purchase the return bus ticket operated by NOHI bus. However I have problem booking it on-line. Could someone assist me how to book the said return ticket to Shirakawa-go. Thank you very much.
by Boon Ai  

Re: Online Bus Booking to Shirakawa-go 2013/12/25 03:59
I found this helpful when I booked my trip to Shirakawago:
http://jtravelled.blogspot.com/2009/10/j-bus-booking-guide.html
by muji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Online Bus Booking to Shirakawa-go 2014/1/1 13:25
by Bar TIKI rate this post as useful

Re: Online Bus Booking to Shirakawa-go 2014/1/1 18:04
Would love to know if you had any success. I thought you could only book 1 month in advance.
by flash1999 rate this post as useful

Re: Online Bus Booking to Shirakawa-go 2014/1/3 04:13
The links provided seem to be for private tours, not the nohi bus that needs reservations. Can that be reserved online, or only in person/phone?
by rootles rate this post as useful

Re: Online Bus Booking to Shirakawa-go 2014/1/3 07:45
This is the link for the nohi bus http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/index.html

There is a phone number and it also says you can book in person at the office in Takayama. I cant see where you book online.
by Pip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Online Bus Booking to Shirakawa-go 2014/1/3 08:51
I do not speak or read the Japanese language and would like to purchase the return bus ticket operated by NOHI bus.

We were in a similar situation last year during the busy long weekend. Luckily the Minsuku we were staying offered to reserve the bus tickets.
You could email the hotel you are staying in Takayama, I am sure they are more than willing to assist.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Online Bus Booking to Shirakawa-go 2014/1/3 18:57
The bus station is immediately outside the train station in Takayama. You can book a bus ticket as soon as you arrive, for a bus departure later that day or for some buses leaving the next day. They are used to dealing with a lot of foreign travellers.

Not all buses from Takayama to Shirakawa need advance reservations.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread