Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What to do when all lockers are full? 2013/12/25 18:55
Hi,
I know that there are lockers for luggage available at both Kintetsu Nara and JR Nara Stations.

However, since I will be there (coming from Kyoto) on a Sunday morning during the Koyo season, I am worried that there might not be anymore empty lockers available.

Ruling out luggage delivery service, is there any other options? I can't seem to find if there is any manned luggage storage counter available.

Thank you in advance
by Adrian (guest)  

Re: What to do when all lockers are full? 2013/12/26 02:45
Leave your luggage at kyoto or try other nearby station like narayama or shinomiya station
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: What to do when all lockers are full? 2013/12/26 13:34
If hotel is not too far away from where you want to go, I always go to my hotel, and leave my luggage there. They always accept your luggage before check-in time.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

Re: What to do when all lockers are full? 2013/12/26 18:01
Thanks for the replies. I am coming from Kyoto and will head to Osaka from Nara. Let me try to shuffle my plan and see if it will fit. Either that, I will go there really early to 9am-ish and pray for empty lockers :-S
by Adrian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to do when all lockers are full? 2013/12/26 20:27
Osaka & Kyoto are only 30 minutes apart, it really isn't necessary to relocate between the two, but if your plans are set you could easily travel into Osaka first drop off your luggage and head to Nara from Osaka instead.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: What to do when all lockers are full? 2013/12/27 07:43
Adrian ,

I have been in a same situation, at different stations, several times.
I seeked assistance at either station office or the information centre. Solution found, problem solved.
I am now never worried about not finding locker when travelling in Japan.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to do when all lockers are full? 2014/1/1 14:03
Thank you all for the reply.

I found that there is a Kuroneko Yamato outlet near my ryokan at Kyoto and start to ponder this option to forward my luggage to my hotel in Osaka while I can go to Nara luggage-free.

(1) My luggage is Size 100, do I need to put it inside a box? The largest box available is smaller than my cabin luggage.

(2) Forwarding from Kyoto to Osaka (Minami/Umeda) will just take 1 day max right?

(3) From the website, the price for Kyoto-Osaka is Yen 1160 (Size 100). I will get Yen 100 discount each for same address delivery, and another Yen 100 discount each for self drop-off. Is my understanding correct?

(4) Do I need to inform the receiving hotel about this arrangement?

Thank you again and Happy New year !
by TrinityX rate this post as useful

Re: What to do when all lockers are full? 2014/1/1 17:51
By the way, Adrian = TrinityX. Have an official account now ^^
by TrinityX rate this post as useful

reply to this thread