Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Worth visiting Tazawako in winter 2014/1/2 14:30
I have spare 3 nights during my visit to Japan this month before heading back to Tokyo from Kanazawa. I had planned to visit Kyoto, Takayama, Shirakawa-go and Nozawa onsen. Was thinking of going to Tazawa ko for a nature and quiet winter. I have JR pass. Not sure if this is good idea as when I check on line for travel information, it seem to have little information.

If it is worth going, how long you think is sufficient ? Where around the places we can visit too ? I am planning to stay Morioka. Or any suggestion ?

Thank you very much in advance for answering me. Cheers.
by JAKKHOO (guest)  

Re: Worth visiting Tazawako in winter 2014/1/2 17:59
Lake Tazawako is beautiful in winter, but I personally never found it worth a trip on its own. However, Nyuto Onsen, which is located in the mountains above the lake, is one of the best hot spring resorts in Japan. Very rustic and traditional. It is very beautiful in winter:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3650.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Worth visiting Tazawako in winter 2014/1/2 22:30

I second Nyuto Onsen, especially in winter. Particularly if you are onsen lover.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread