Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport timing to Ogimachi 2014/1/2 23:43
What is the operation timing by the buses from Takayama to Ogimachi on those light-up days? The bus timetable shows there is bus every hour on but I saw on the 'Shirakawago Winter Light-Up' page's map shows the roads by cars are closed by 3pm.

I will be reaching Tokyo at 11am on 2Feb, can I still make it to reach Shirakawa for the light up event? What is the difference for light-up and non light-up days?
by Lovepink (guest)  

Re: Transport timing to Ogimachi 2014/1/3 09:33
What is the operation timing by the buses from Takayama to Ogimachi on those light-up days?

They operate according to the regular timetable:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/shirakawago.html

The bus timetable shows there is bus every hour on but I saw on the 'Shirakawago Winter Light-Up' page's map shows the roads by cars are closed by 3pm.

Only some local, central roads are closed, not affecting traffic between Takayama and Shirakawago.

I will be reaching Tokyo at 11am on 2Feb, can I still make it to reach Shirakawa for the light up event?

If you depart central Tokyo around 11am, yes, you can make it to Shirakawago in time for the light up (shinkansen, limited express train and bus via Nagoya and Takayama). But note that transportation back can be problematic, as explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5956.html

What is the difference for light-up and non light-up days?

The light up!! There are no major lights on normal days.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Transport timing to Ogimachi 2014/1/3 09:48
That's great that the traffic is not affected. My apologies, I will reach Narita airport at 11am, not Tokyo central. What will be the easiest and fastest way to reach the light-up event? As it will be my first day in Japan, my luggages will be with me. Any problem to bring them along up to the Ogimachi event? How to go about booking an overnight stay at Ogimachi Village/Shirakawago?

Many thanks!
by lovepink (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport timing to Ogimachi 2014/1/3 13:17
I will reach Narita airport at 11am, not Tokyo central.

Then, I am afraid, it is probably impossible to reach Shirakawago in time.

What will be the easiest and fastest way to reach the light-up event?

Take a train into Tokyo and then as explained above.

As it will be my first day in Japan, my luggages will be with me. Any problem to bring them along up to the Ogimachi event?

That should not be a major problem. There is a luggage storage service at Ogimachi.

How to go about booking an overnight stay at Ogimachi Village/Shirakawago?

Very difficult. Probably too late by now for most or all the light up days. The following page explains how to make reservations:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5952.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread