Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fudo-in or Shojoshin-in Temple stay in Koya? 2014/1/7 12:30
We will be staying in Koya in late April and are deciding between the two Temples.

Do any one have any experience or suggestions between the two?

Not very fussed about a private bathroom or shared bathroom either.
by hviyer  

Re: Fudo-in or Shojoshin-in Temple stay in Koya? 2014/1/7 14:14
I stayed at Fudoin and have no regrets. http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/tag/fudoin/
by rpcman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fudo-in or Shojoshin-in Temple stay in Koya? 2014/1/13 19:50
Booked at Fudo-in.. lets hope its good..

Thanks Guys!
by hviyer rate this post as useful

Re: Fudo-in or Shojoshin-in Temple stay in Koya? 2014/2/6 01:36
Does Fudo-in have room with private or shared bathrooms? What about toilets (private/shared)?

Thanks!
by sancho (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fudo-in or Shojoshin-in Temple stay in Koya? 2014/2/10 14:51
I was looking for temples to stay too and apparently you're lucky to decided not for Shojoshin. As far as I could understand with the help of my little knowledge of Japanese and Rikai-chan, Sojoshin was closed under judicial order. Apparently the "master" didn't have authorization to keep runing the temple. I got curious to understand what happened.
by maybimota rate this post as useful

Re: Fudo-in or Shojoshin-in Temple stay in Koya? 2014/2/25 22:33
I am staying at Shojoshin-in on April the 3rd and 4th. Can anybody confirm for me whether it will be closed on these day? I have booked with Japan Guest Houses, but I am worried that the booking will count for nothing if the Temple has been closed down and we will have nowhere to stay! Where is the information that the Temple has been closed?
by Hannah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fudo-in or Shojoshin-in Temple stay in Koya? 2014/2/26 00:02
清浄心院 was closed on July 3, 2013, by Japanese law. It seems that the previous shukubo owner(manager) had illegally occupied the temple.
http://www.shohjohshinin.jp/kyouseishikko/index.html
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fudo-in or Shojoshin-in Temple stay in Koya? 2014/2/26 23:42
I have booked a temple as well but in HongaKu-in, I was placed here by the shukubo association, anyone know whether Hongakuin is a good place to stay?
by Aishteru85 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fudo-in or Shojoshin-in Temple stay in Koya? 2014/2/27 10:39
I stayed overnight at Shojoshin-in on September 4-5th, 2013. The temple was open and operational with two monks, several staff, and the usual breakfast and dinner. There was no padlock on the gate like the internet photos suggest. We used Japan Guest Houses to book the room in April 2013. Maybe the July 2013 issue was resolved immediately?

I loved the temple, for what it's worth.
by DianaArtemis rate this post as useful

reply to this thread