Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage Forwarding Service in Narita 2014/1/9 13:34
Hi all,

I have a question regarding luggage forwarding services in Japan. I've read a few answers in the forum regarding this. I just want to clarify. We plan to visit Japan again in May (after the Golden Week). However, we are making this part of our Asia trip and will be visiting other places in conjuction. Is it possible to have luggage forwarding service deliver luggage to a hotel about 2 weeks later?

The reason I'm asking is due to this itinerary.

Day 1 Arrival at Narita airport 7:30 AM
Depart for destination X 5:00 PM
Day 2 - 10 Will be in some other places
Day 11 - Arrival at KIX
Day 11-14 Kansai area
Day 15 - 19 Tokyo

When I arrive at Narita airport on Day 1, I want to leave some luggage there and have it forward to a Tokyo hotel on Day 15. Do such service exists? I've read about 1 or 2 day delivery. But with this, I'm essentially asking them to hold my luggage for 2 weeks.

If this is not possible, are there any luggage storage service?

Thanks for your help.
by Newbie2013 (guest)  

Re: Luggage Forwarding Service in Narita 2014/1/10 14:31
Your best bet might be to do a cash rental Trunk room at a hotel or apartment complex.

http://www.good-trunkroom.com/tokyo/

You can rent a trunk room here, but there are more options available (probably cheaper on other sites too)

http://www.mitsui-soko.co.jp/en/service/storage_room/

You could also rent an apartment in Tokyo on the Craigslist "Sublets/temporary" or "vacation" sections.

I see a Shibuya apartment for 6000 a day, or 35000 for a week, which is comparable to a hotel room in downtown tokyo.
by HiratsukaKuma rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage Forwarding Service in Narita 2014/1/10 18:37
If you are going back to Narita (to pick up luggage), there is a storage service available at Narita.

But seeing your schedule you do not seem to go back there when you come visit Tokyo later. I believe that the max. number of days ahead you can specify delivery is one week.
What you "could" do is to first e-mail/negotiate with your hotel in Tokyo and ask if they can keep your luggage for one week before you check in. (It might not be possible at all at a no-frills business hotel, but higher end hotels might accommodate it.) That way, from Narita you can specify a date a week ahead, and the hotel can keep it for a week before you get to that hotel.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage Forwarding Service in Narita 2014/1/11 02:24
Thank you for the kind response. I will be going back to Tokyo Narita before I leave. I think I will use the airport storage service. My question is, it's difficult to travel between terminal 1 and terminal 2 at Narita?

I've never have to travel between terminal there.
by Newbie2013 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage Forwarding Service in Narita 2014/1/11 08:21
You can use free shuttle bus service.

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/access/terminal/index.html
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread