Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/1/10 21:00
Hi,

I am going to travel to Osaka on March, 15. My flight is scheduled to arrive in Kansai at 22.25. Let say the baggage collection and customs check will take an hour, then we will finish at 23.25. Is there any transportation available at that time to take us to Namba Station? I read a posting which informs that the last train to Namba St. is at 23.30. I am not sure if we are able to catch that train. Is there any other options of transportation that we can take to Namba St.?
by bernadette (guest)  

Re: Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/1/11 08:41
At that time of the day, immigration and customs is unlikely to take an entire hour. You are more likely to get through in 30-45 minutes. On the other hand, the flight may be delayed...

Indeed, the last public transportation to Namba stops around 23:30. And there is a certain risk that you may miss it.

I recommend to stay at a hotel close to the airport on your arrival day.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/1/11 09:04
thanks for your suggestion.

I read some blogs of people who travelled to Japan and had late night arrival too. They slept at the airport. Is it really allowed? If so, is there any toilet completed with shower where we can use it in the morning before get out from the airport?

One more, where is exactly the location of ticketing offices in Kansai Airport for us to get our JR pass?
by bernadette (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/1/11 09:05
In addition to 23:29 Nankai train, there is the last bus to Namba. Note that these are the very last public transportation to Namba.

http://www.kate.co.jp/pc/e_time_table/e_namba.html
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/1/11 10:09
The JR office is actually around the entrance to the train area.

However the Office would be closed by the time you get there.

Airport map to assist you http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/map/index.html
by Feiniao rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/1/12 17:12
night bus for Nankai Namba station available at 0:00(midnight) which will arrive at Nankai Namba station bus stop at 0:55

http://www.kate.co.jp/pc/e_time_table/e_namba.html
by auldreekie rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/1/25 12:08
hi, when i arrive to namba station how much to get to namba floral inn in a taxi?
by mary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/1/25 18:00
hard to say about the taxi fare; although the floral inn is close to the station there are a lot of one way streets in the area so the driver may have to take as roundabout path.

I usually walk, it's only 5~7 minutes thru a covered arcade.
by ww (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/7/11 03:25
So what happen? I also have a flight arriving at 22.40.With the slow immigration. Don't think I will make it.
by Mark (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Kansai Airport 2014/7/11 08:49
Wasn't the consensus that immigration is generally fast? An hour and twenty minutes should be enough time to get through and catch the last bus.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread