Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2014/1/11 20:30
Dear Friends, My family and I plan to rent a car in japan and to make some arrangement so we can also experience the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine route (which I understand must be experienced by bus, cable car, etc - and not by car).

Does anyone know if there are some arrangement that can be made with the car rental company so for example we can drop it off at Shinano Omachi and pick it up/ or another car at Tateyama/Toyama ?

Also does anyone know if we can start the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine route from both sides, ie starting from Toyama or starting from Shinano Omachi ?

Thank you very much.

Adyk
by adyk  

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2014/1/12 08:53
Does anyone know if there are some arrangement that can be made with the car rental company so for example we can drop it off at Shinano Omachi and pick it up/ or another car at Tateyama/Toyama ?

Most car rental companies allow drop-offs at different locations than pick-ups. Most rental car companies should have outlets around Toyama City, but I don't think that (m)any companies have an outlet in Shinano-Omachi. But most of them have one in nearby Nagano City or Matsumoto.

Alternatively, there exists a "car forwarding service", but I think it is rather expensive (around 30,000 yen):
http://www.alpen-route.com/en/faq

Also does anyone know if we can start the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine route from both sides, ie starting from Toyama or starting from Shinano Omachi ?

Yes, you can move completely freely along the route. You can start and end at either end. You can also start and end on the same side and travel the route only partially, which is worth considering if you have a car.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tateyama-Kurobe ALPINE ROUTE and city sequence 2014/1/12 19:52
Thanks alot Uji ! So useful !!! 2 more questions please : 1) Is it better to visit Tokyo-Nagano-Matsumoto-Takayama-Kyoto-Kawaguchiko-Tokyo (ie. anti clockwise from Tokyo) or the opposite (clockwise from Tokyo as well) ? 2)On the Tateyama-Kurobe, if half way, until which point you recommend before returning ? Until Tateyama summit (3015m) maybe ? Thanks alot !!!
by adyk rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2014/1/13 07:35
Is it better to visit Tokyo-Nagano-Matsumoto-Takayama-Kyoto-Kawaguchiko-Tokyo (ie. anti clockwise from Tokyo) or the opposite (clockwise from Tokyo as well) ?

I don't think it matters.

On the Tateyama-Kurobe, if half way, until which point you recommend before returning ?

If you come from the Nagano side, I recommend to go at least as far as Murodo. If you come from the Toyama side, I would probably want to go as far as Daikanbo. Or the Kurobe Dam if you are interested in dams.

Until Tateyama summit (3015m) maybe ?

The summit is not along the route. From Murodo, it can be reached in a 2 hour climb (one way) from July through September.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2014/1/18 01:08
Thank you very much Uji ! Very useful indeed. Have a good day.
by adyk rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2014/2/7 14:15
Dear Sirs,
Please refer to our web-site,
http://www.tateyama-traffic.jp/English_page.html
We will transfer your car between Toyama-side and Nagano-side.
by Tateyama Traffic Service Co.,Ltd. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2014/4/9 10:32
Hello

Can I ask a question here?
I am planning to take a guided trip (by Yokoso Japan) to the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route.
I understand that it involves changing of different transportation.
I wonder is it suitable for young kid? 6 year old?

- thanks in advance
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread