Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is this guy interested in me or not? 2014/1/14 23:53
Okay I have a question about this guy.
I know him for a few months and we have been texting a few times which was fun, then at a moment I got pretty busy and he also stopped texting me so often , then he suddenly texted me again .

He asked me out so I decided to go.

So we went out , he is a little bit shy but that wasn't a problem. He is the kind of person who enjoy silence a lot so it was good for me as well as I usually don't talk too much ( I'm often afraid that maybe the other person isn't interested in what I have to say or so and I enjoy a lot to see the other person being happy. I am a good listener ) . He was very kind with me, open the door for me, offer me his jacket when I said I am a little bit cold, paid everything for dinner ( he didn't allow me to pay my side) , carry my bag around and so on.
( initially we went out only for a cup of coffee but he asked me to stay for lunch and dinner as well if I can )
I had a good time with him, then I went home and he texted me saying that he had a very good time and said thank you to me for accepting his invitation.

Since then we have been texting but not so often and sometimes his answer is late but I can understand this as he is working pretty much and maybe doesn't always have time to say something to me as well.

Now he left the country for 3 months so I can't see him ( he went studying for a kind of English program ) . I don't know if this guy is actually interested in me or he sees me just as a friend.

He texted me when he arrive to his language program , we texted for a while and then he didn't answer anymore , I can see that he didn't read the message so it's not like he definitely ignore me maybe just busy or really tired with school and all.

I am usually not a crazy person or something but I just wonder how he sees me . I have a crush on him but if he only see me as a friend that's fine , it's better to know that now than be hurt later . I don't want to look like a fool or something.

So what do you think guys, can he have a crush on me ? ( should I ask him directly about it ? )
by shibuyaeki  

Re: Is this guy interested in me or not? 2014/1/15 20:07
All relationship start from good friendship.
He may have difficulties with a internet connection to read your text, so should not be a big issue that happens always.
I guess at least he doesn't dislike you. If he doesn't like you then he doesn't ask you to go out and treat you at coffee shop(?).
So my recommendation is that keep good friendship with him and if you like him, keep good relationship and send occasionally text or letter. This is my opinion but a girl/lady should not say to guy that she likes the guy directly, this is because guys misunderstand differently about what she says and this causes problem sometimes. So my recommendation is just keep good relationship that should work well.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Is this guy interested in me or not? 2014/1/18 00:23
This is my opinion but a girl/lady should not say to guy that she likes the guy directly, this is because guys misunderstand differently about what she says and this causes problem sometimes.

What do you mean exactly? Please elaborate.
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this guy interested in me or not? 2014/1/18 01:38
Just ask him. Life is too short to beat around the bush and just wonder.
@tokyofriend, I believe if you like some one, at least tell them. Wether they like you back or not at least they know the answer. If it's a good freindship, it wouldn' t affect it. What is a girl suppose to do? Bap her eyelash and send him flowers?
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this guy interested in me or not? 2014/1/18 07:01
Hi, I am not a relationship expert but I can say my opinion about your situation.

First do you have any other means to communicate with him? Like an e-mail address.
And are you sure that he receives your messages. This happened to me once. I met a girl (keeping it short) we exchanged numbers (just phone numbers) and when I was on my way to home I lost my phone and that is it. I could not communicate with her because I met her in a pub and I did not have her any other contact detail. So do not be pessimistic about him not replying to your messages.
Second thing is that you come to a certain level in a relationship. It would be weird saying a guy that you liked him if it was just a random at the first encounter but you went out and spent considerably long time together and also he wanted you to stay longer than the initial planned time. So in my opinion you can say him that (at least) you enjoy spending time with him and you wanted to see him more often. That would clear out the fog a bit. This may have a negative affect as well. He might be seeing you just as a friend and it may affect your friendship but it is better to take some reasonable risk than regretting it later.
by ozzboi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread