Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Koyasan pilgrimage hike during winter 2014/1/18 23:58
is anyone take the pilgrimage trail from Kudoyama station to Koyasan during winter? Possible to be done on February? And if yes, how many hours needed for the snowy condition?
by tohrusan  

Re: Koyasan pilgrimage hike during winter 2014/1/19 12:07
I think it depends on the trail condition of that particular day. Koyasan does not receive that much of snow. So, during the times with little or no snow, it should be possible to walk along the pilgrimage trail. However, after a large snowfall, it may be impossible. I think it better to consult with a local tourism information center.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan pilgrimage hike during winter 2014/1/19 19:11
thanks Uji-san. I will be travelling with Koyasan Heritage ticket. So, lets say I used the ticket to travel from Namba to Kudoyama station, and found that is not possible for me to hike the pilgrimage trail on foot due to snowfall condition. Can I still use my ticket again from Kudoyama station to Gokuribashi station??
by tohrusan rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan pilgrimage hike during winter 2014/1/19 22:23
Actually, February is the coldest time. if you go through a hiking route in February, you must have crampons. since you come from Singapore and you are a tourist, I advise you not to go through a hiking route. if it is snowy, you have a good chance to enjoy snow without going such a risky route.

these photos are today's Koyasan.
http://www.shukubo.net/contents/news/discription.php
http://www.shukubo.net/system/src/61555590952db205ed53836.11945389_.jp...
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan pilgrimage hike during winter 2014/1/19 23:53
thanks Ken!! Thats the info I need, will go directly to Koyasan by train and cable car!
by tohrusan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread