Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

5 days Nagoya & Takayama 2014/1/20 13:17
will be going to Nagoya & Takayama on April 2014.

my itenerary as below
Day 1 evening shopping / nite cherry blossom viewing - overnite at Nagoya
Day 2 Takayama city tour - overnite at takayama
Day 3 Shinhotaka Ropeway - overnite at takayama
Day 4 Shirakawa-go ( half day) - overnite at Nagoya
Day 5 Nagoya castle / shopping - Chubu airport

My question
1. where can I get the cheapest packages to Shin-hotaka ropeway? ( return bus ticket + ropeway from takayama)
2. Is the Shin-hotaka ropeway able to cover in half day? ( only will go for the hill top for scenic viewing)
3. Is the ICOCA card can be use and refund of deposit in nagoya ?
4. Is the lights on for cherry blossom viewing in Nagoya / Takayama during 14 ~ 18 April ?
5. Is my itinerary doable ? Any other suggesttion ?
by SVY  

Re: 5 days Nagoya & Takayama 2014/1/20 22:42
I feel it's rather rush to cross prefecture and visit these places. Why don't you focus one at a time. Takayama and the outward bound places like the ropeway and hidayu requires at least a few day. Japan most people like to go back again.
by Anywayanytime rate this post as useful

Re: 5 days Nagoya & Takayama 2014/1/23 11:35
Thanks for your reply. Appreciated.
i may consider to focus on Takayama & shirakawa-go.
by SVY rate this post as useful

Re: 5 days Nagoya & Takayama 2014/1/23 16:53
Your Day 4 itinerary looks impossible. Very tiring train ride.
by shinyrayn rate this post as useful

Re: 5 days Nagoya & Takayama 2014/1/24 13:54
Thks for ur advice...I was actually plan to book a half day tour at the isite...then return takayama at around 12pm. Then will take a 3 hours bus to nagoya....I may rearrange my schedule if it is too rush.

Re: 5 days Nagoya & Takayama 2014/1/24 14:21
Thks for ur advice...I was actually plan to book a half day tour at the isite...then return takayama at around 12pm. Then will take a 3 hours bus to nagoya....I may rearrange my schedule if it is too rush.

Re: 5 days Nagoya & Takayama 2014/1/28 21:49
You can also take train from Takayama back to Nagoya after your Shirakawa-go morning tour (I assume it returns to Takayama).
by rootles rate this post as useful

reply to this thread