Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass and Narita town 2014/1/23 07:05
Hi everyone

I finally booked my flights to Japan, will go from 25th Sep to 12th Oct. Below is my itinerary in brackets the number of nights Ifm staying at each place. I have booked all my hotels apart from Takayama where I intend to stay in a ryokan and the last night in Tokyo which brings me to the first of my questions.

My flight is booked for 11am, should I go from Kyoto straight to the town of Narita and spend there the night, or will I have time to spend the night in Tokyo and go to the airport in the morning. Bearing in mind that Ifd be carrying suitcases etc, Ifd rather not to have to rush on my last day of holidays.

My second question is it worth buying a 14 day JR Pass or a 7 day for the itinerary below?

Tokyo(4) day trip to Nikko
Matsumoto(1)
Takayama(2) day trip to Shirakawa Go
Nagoya (3)
Hiroshima/Miyajima(1)
Kyoto(4) day trip to Nara
Tokyo/Narita(1)

Thanks in advance
by pirespt  

Re: JR Pass and Narita town 2014/1/23 08:53
You can perfectly stay in Tokyo, but be prepared to wake up relatively early; If I were you I'd like to be in Narita by 9am

I don't understand why you reserved 3 nights for Nagoya, you must really have a really good reason to go there for 3 nights! That's a lot. Most travellers don't even bother going or one night the most.
The 14 day JR pass makes sense (try to fit Nikko within the pass to save a further few thousand yen)
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass and Narita town 2014/1/23 09:28
I agree with the previous poster regarding Nagoya. Unless you already have plans to visit someone or someplace, I think it would be better to stay those 3 nights in Kanazawa area, staying at an onsen for 1 night and/or doing a day trip to the Noto peninsula.
by mk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass and Narita town 2014/1/23 19:14
Thank you aerond/mk

Ifll be in Nagoya 3 nights because we are attending the F1 Grand Prix. We will arrive in Nagoya from the alps on Friday night, then spend the whole of Saturday and Sunday at the track. I was hoping I could get a train after the race to Hiroshima, but the race finishes at 5 or 6, which means a late arrival in Nagoya, so I decided to get an early train next morning to Hiroshima.

Narita town looks nice, I might stay there on the last night and that way wonft have to rush too much.
by pirespt rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass and Narita town 2014/1/24 01:26
i would personally spend the last night near the airport - preferably a hotel with a shuttle service. Catch the last shinkansen available to Tokyo or shinagawa then catch the nex to the airport, and use the shuttle to which ever hotel.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread