Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2014/1/29 19:15
Hello,

I'll have read a lot in this forum so far and also used a lot of information for my first trip to Japan in November last year.
I'm now planning the second trip for April this year and I've a question regarding a Bus line to Kawaguchiko. We'll be staying in a Hotel near the Shinjuku station and we've booked a Ryokan at the lake kawaguchiko on the 10. April.
According to the information I've gathered so far, there is a direct bus line from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko station, now the question is, if a reservation in advance is required for the Bus line? We'll be reaching Japan on the 8. April and according to the Information on the site of the bus line, the reservation could be made 1 month in advance, but the ticket should be bought right after the reservation. Sadly the webpage for the reservation is all in Japanese (I'm learning it, but I can't read that much Kanjis yet).

I got my information from here:
http://transportation.fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettinghere/01.html

Any advice? Will it be ok to do the reservation one day before the trip?
by nja  

Re: Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2014/1/30 12:52
If you can buy the ticket 1-2 days beforehand I don't think you will have any problem getting a seat. We too went in April and were able to buy the bus tickets in the morning the day we travelled.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2014/1/30 13:55
I reply from japan.

I think William5 is right.

Two bus companies(fujikyu and keio) are runing buses from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko station.There are 10 buses in the morning.so, Maybe you can catch the bus.

If you are worry about it,Why don't you ask hotel reception for it on 9th April.
They will make a reservation for you.
by subaru (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread