Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiking in West Iya 2014/2/1 21:01
This May we want to visit the western part of Iya Valley (around Iya Kazurabashi). We'd like to do some hiking around there. Are there nice and signposted hiking trails in that area? Thanks in advance.
by Niels Utrecht  

Re: Hiking in West Iya 2014/2/2 21:31
Not sure about signpost but have you checked this page
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7827.html
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Hiking in West Iya 2014/2/3 07:27
From Kazurabashi(not worth 500yen to walk across), you can hike up through a tiny village. If you know some Heike history, there are a few interesting spots of their hideouts. Watch for horse flies.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiking in West Iya 2014/2/3 12:49
To me, if someone makes time to go all the way to the Iya Valley to the bridge, they really SHOULD cross it. Yes, it's a bit expensive just to cross a bridge, but I wouldn't consider it to be worth the time and effort getting there if I didn't cross the bridge.
by Fer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiking in West Iya 2014/2/4 21:31
Thanks for the answers. Amazinga, is that village at the north or the south side of the valley? And do you know the name of the village and where the path starts?
by Niels Utrecht (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiking in West Iya 2014/2/6 12:45
Can you hike from Oboke Gorge to Peeing Boy Statue, bridge, and Shin-Iya Onsen? How long would this take?

Cheers.
by Arithon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread