Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Late departure from Huis Ten Borsch 2014/2/5 18:54
I plan to watch the fire works festive at Huis Ten Borch next month, but the hotels in the park are already fully booked on that day. I have a choice of going back to my hotel at Hakata Station or staying at hotel near Nagasaki station for the night and do a day trip in Nagasaki the next morning.

As the fire works will end around 21:10hrs, what is the train or bus that is still available to bring us from Huis Ten Borch to Hakata or Nagasaki Station at that late? I estimate the walking distance from the fire works site (in front of Watermark Hotel) to the entrance is about 30min or more with 2 young children with us, and we will reach the entrance at 9.45pm. We will use a JR Rail Pass for the journey.

What is the chance of not able to get onboard the train or bus if the crowd on that night is huge? What will be the alternative plan if that really happen?

Thanks a lot for any helpful reply.

Lee
by vcslee  

Re: Late departure from Huis Ten Borsch 2014/2/6 08:49
Take the JR Seaside Liner to Nagasaki at 21:48. Do not miss it as it is the last practical train

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=HUIS%20TEN%20BO...
by naes rate this post as useful

Re: Late departure from Huis Ten Borsch 2014/2/6 11:56
Thanks for the help.

Missing the last train will be a nightmare for us. Is there possibility for making reservation for the Seaside Liner?

by vcslee rate this post as useful

Re: Late departure from Huis Ten Borsch 2014/2/6 12:20
getting a seat on the train is not the issue; getting to the train station on time should be your bigger concern. timing seems very tight especially with 2 children.
by kk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late departure from Huis Ten Borsch 2014/2/6 14:06
Safer but not very attractive alternative is to find a hotel in Sasebo. Local people there are accustomed to handling foreign tourists as there is US naval base.

The train to Sasebo from Huis Ten Bosch is as late as 2211 and 2246.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late departure from Huis Ten Borsch 2014/2/7 00:59
Thanks. This can be a better alternate plan since the train schedule suits our pace with the kids. I will check what we can do in Sasebo on the next day.
by vcslee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread