Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

visit to Kanazawa and Takayama 2014/2/6 18:24
I am planning to travel to Kanazawa from Kyoto, arrive there in the morning and then in the afternoon take a bus to Shirakawa-go, stay a night at a traditional house and then walk in the village for two hours in the morning and take a bus to Takayama and then a train early in the evening to Matsumoto. I check the trains and buses and it seems that it is possible to do this. I am not aiming to see everything in this places but at least have a good look around. I believe I have around 4 hours to visit Kanazawa and around 3 or 4 hours to visit Takayama and as I would arrive Shirakawago in the evening I wont see much but I would have a couple of hours in the morning to visit. Would I have time to visit the main attractions in these places? Can you recommend accommodation in Shirakawago? Many thanks

by margarida (guest)  

Re: visit to Kanazawa and Takayama 2014/2/7 00:00
You would probably have enough time to visit 2 places depending on your pace.

Here is some of the accommodation
http://www.japanican.com/en/hotel/list/16/160503/
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: visit to Kanazawa and Takayama 2014/2/7 00:46
Many thanks! would it be better to sleep in Takayama and then go to Matsumoto in the morning? Which one would be better to walk in the evening?
by margarida (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: visit to Kanazawa and Takayama 2014/2/7 02:21
Takayama is a small town compared to matsumoto. The street is pretty much empty at night at Takayama which in itself might be a charm to you.
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: visit to Kanazawa and Takayama 2014/2/7 08:08
Many thanks! I have been doing some reading and it serms that Takayama has more to see than Matsumoto. In Matsumoto I really want to see the castle,
by margarida (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread