Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where are large supermarkets in Nara 2014/2/7 15:55
Hi ,

We will be staying in Nara for over a week at the end of April 2014 and would like to know if anyone can recommend/advise where the closest large supermarket might be to JR Nara Train station.

Alternatively, are they situated elsewhere such as near Kintetsu Nara station or are they further a field. If so where

Do such exist in Nara ? We can't seem to find any resource that identifies where locals might do their general shopping for food, fruit etc.

We stayed in Kyoto a few years ago and every district seemed to have large shopping centre/complex, like we do in the west but for some reason we can't find any information on general shopping for day to day type living in Nara.

We would appreciate any help/advice anyone might have.
by Xlcapries (guest)  

Re: Where are large supermarkets in Nara 2014/2/7 18:25
you can google in Japanese [奈良 スーパー].
Max Value Nara (supermarket) is located in the same place at JR Nara station. at least several supermarkets within a few hundred meters from either of the 2 stations.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where are large supermarkets in Nara 2014/2/8 07:24
Ken,

Thanks very much for your response.

I have had a quick search , which has been proven to be very helpful. I might take me a bit of time to work through but I have located a few shopping malls(within Nara area) but yet to find close by JR Station(some detail in Japanese and Goggle can't translate...it say too big) but I'm sure if I take the time I will locate.

As I said, I have found some supermarkets, just a matter of time and effort.

Thanks again, it's been a great start
by xlcapries (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where are large supermarkets in Nara 2014/2/10 10:16
Following on from previous posts I have since found a very good site that might answer some Nara visitor questions re shopping.

check out this site:

http://www.japan-hotels.ws/nara/shopping.htm
by xlcapries (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread