Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Early April in Tateyama Alpine Route? 2014/2/9 04:14
My friend and I would like to check out the alpine route around April 11th-ish so would unfortunately not be able to see the full route.

Is it worth it to go before the full route is open? What is there to see from Toyama to Midagahara (e.g. good views of Tateyama?) and where do we disembark (e.g. Murodo)?

Also, how cold is it typically?

Appreciate any advice please, thanks!
by snow (guest)  

Re: Early April in Tateyama Alpine Route? 2014/2/9 12:00
Is it worth it to go before the full route is open?

If you happen to be in the area and would like to see some snowy mountain scenery, I think it can be worth it. But I don't think it is worth for the average tourist as a side trip from a distant place like Tokyo or Osaka.

What is there to see from Toyama to Midagahara (e.g. good views of Tateyama?)

Mountain scenery.

and where do we disembark (e.g. Murodo)?

Murodo is not accessible until April 16.

Also, how cold is it typically?

In average, daytime highs around 15 degrees down in Toyama. Just a couple degrees above freezing around Midagahara.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Early April in Tateyama Alpine Route? 2014/2/9 20:49
Thanks very much for the prompt advice Uji!

Just one additional question please. Since the full route isn't open before April 16th, would it be wiser to just pop by Toyama and see the mountain scenery from afar rather than going all the way to Midagahara and back again? The round trip is not exactly cheap, but am wondering whether the scenery gets better up close :)

Appreciate the help. Thanks!
by snow (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Early April in Tateyama Alpine Route? 2014/2/10 08:20
Just the view of the mountain from afar from Toyama is not worth a long trip (you may not even as far). But to actually ascend the mountain (to Midagahara) could be worth the effort if you really want to see snow covered mountain scenery.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Early April in Tateyama Alpine Route? 2014/2/12 00:21
Thanks a mil, Uji-san! :)
by snow (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread