Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/12 06:56
I recently visited Japan and hanged out with a few friends for a few days. It was a three week visit but only about 3 days I was hanging out with them. I first met them in America when they came to learn English.anyways I really like this girl that I hanged out with .
I am friends with her on the texting app line. And wondering if it is not too weird or isn't good to tell her when I come back to Japan for vacation for the summer if I can visit her and hang out? I want to let her know so she can make time since by that time she is going to be a full time worker. Any advice please
by Kakoichun (guest)  

Re: Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/12 10:09
Go for it!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/12 11:19
Just do it? Through LINE?
by Kakoichun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/12 11:36
Doesn't really matter which service you use to ask...whatever you guys usually use I'd say.
by CherryLemonLime rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/12 12:19
oh no, its ThatGuy again...

i say don't do it. you dont live in Japan to even spend time with her. i'll tell you what going to Happen.

your going to ask her and she going to say yes, which really mean no. then within a few days no more message from her from whatever app you kept in touch with her and no more e-mail. and than your going to post another message on this forum like everyone else asking "why my female Japanese friend stop talking to me"

but hell, go for it, you only live once
by ThatGuy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/12 12:31
To the above poster, just wondering why you always preface your messages with "oh no, its ThatGuy again..." if you're not posting anything particularly controversial. I mean, its not like I read your posts and then think "oh no, not another uncontroversial observation from thatguy again" ;)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/12 14:11
you have not considered the barrier about the marrige(or love relationship) to foreiners.
if she has strong,tight, and intimate relationship to her parents, she needs to get the acceptance by her parents. if she has no strong relationship to her parents, she may decide it by herself.
Japanese parents, generally, hope thier children's long-term happiness, not current happiness.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/12 20:32
thats true...
by ..... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/13 01:46
@ “…” dude I was laughing hard, no one has ever said anything to me about that.

Under another web chat my user name is ThatGuy and every time I came into a chat room people would say “its thatguy” or “oh no, its thatguy.” So, its comes with the name. But I try to be the mean person on this forum, the realist but I guess I'm not that mean or my comments being controversial.

:(
by ThatGuy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask her out now or wait? 2014/2/13 05:36
Gotta love ThatGuy and he is right!

In Japanese culture, it pretty rude for Japanese people to directly say no. So she would probably say yes for date to be nice and then after the first date she will stop contacting you even the first date went well. It pretty common to Japanese girls and it happened to me once. I am good looking and I can speak Japanese however Japanese women have different expectation and it not the same as Western women.
You need to know if she is attracting to you and enjoy being around with you before you ask her out.
by AdventureGuy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread