Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nohi Bus from Kyoto to Takayama 2014/2/13 01:11
Hi, i am departing the 0855am nohi bus from kyoto to takayama next month. I have reservations done via phone and seat number also. I am concern on the payment ticketing issue as i cannot find any information on this.
Before kyoto stop, i will be in osaka. I read some people mentioned it is possible to pay at the OCAT building, some say payment can be done in kyoto train station Kintetsu counter at 1st level.

i hope someone can give me some clear confirmation? otherwise i will call nohi reservation line to ask ?

Thanks!
by Alvin (guest)  

Re: Nohi Bus from Kyoto to Takayama 2014/2/13 15:39
Sorry, I could not find useful information for you in both Japanese and English page...
Japanese official site says that you can buy tickets at convenience store if you reserve by internet, but no information about booking by tel.

Call them and ask about it directly...
NohiBusReservationCenter
TEL (0577) 32-1688
9:00〜18:00

KintetsuKosokuReservationCenter
TEL(06)6772-1631
9:00〜19:00
by Y.O (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi Bus from Kyoto to Takayama 2014/2/13 15:53
Called Nohi hotline, staff told me that i can pay on the bus before departure in cash only. Hence i think it should be fine as long i am 15mins early before departure. Bear in mind there need a reservation before hand.
by Alvin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi Bus from Kyoto to Takayama 2014/2/15 15:23
Hi, can i also ask.. during the 5hrs journey. Is there any stops i can have toilet break and buy food? Thanks!
by Alvin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi Bus from Kyoto to Takayama 2014/2/15 22:13
Here is link to the bus schedule (in English), with all the stops.

http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/kyoto_osaka.html

You will have three 15 minute stops before you arrive in Takayama.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi Bus from Kyoto to Takayama 2014/2/16 04:31
After looking at the schedule again, I am not sure how long each stop is.

My only experience with a highway bus was between Nobeoka and Takachiho, which took 90 minutes. There was not a bathroom on that bus.

The page I posted you did say that there was a bathroom on the Okasa/Kyoto to Takayama bus, so I think you will be fine.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread