Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku to Nikko 2014/2/14 12:06
Hi,

This is my first time traveling to Nikko from Shinjuku. Please advice me cheapest/fastest way to get to Nikko.

What are the attractions I shouldn't miss do they have private onsen ?
by Yukari Koichi  

Re: Shinjuku to Nikko 2014/2/14 12:57
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Nikko 2014/2/14 14:19
Hello

Yes, there are some private Onsen there.
it need to make a reservation in advance.

if you really interested in this, let me know.
by mr tony rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Nikko 2014/2/14 15:18
Tobu Nikko line - If I am taking this line to Nikko, where do I purchase the ticket ? Do I need to make a reservation in advance ?
by Yukari Koichi rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Nikko 2014/2/14 16:55
Just go to the Asakusa station, they have english speaking staff there, and unless is golden week, buy the ticket just before taking the train.
by MaU (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Nikko 2014/2/14 17:05
There are direct limited express services from Shinjuku, as explained in the link given by the first poster above. You need to reserve seats in advance ("advance" just meaning any time up until the time of departure), but you can get these at Shinjuku Station. If you are staying in Shinjuku, it does not make any sense to trek all the way over to Asakusa Station just to get the train from there.
by Bilbo (guest) rate this post as useful

Shinjuku to Nikko 2014/4/21 00:10
Correct me if I am wrong, I think there is only 1 train from Shinjuku to Nikko daily, departing at 7.30am ?
by lifesucketh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Nikko 2014/4/21 07:50
Yes, one direct train, and three more trains that require a transfer at Shimo-Imaichi.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread