Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Amanohashidate Pass from April 2012 2014/2/17 03:23
In another post, Uji said, "I recommend to use a Kansai Wide Are Pass in combination with the "Amanohashidate Pass" which will become available from April 2014 and can be purchased on board of the train to Amanohashidate."

Where can I find more info about that new pass, please?

I am planning a trip from Kyoto to Amanohashidate, on to Kinosakionsen, then Matsue and back to Kyoto over a five day period.

I want to take the JR Maizuru from Kyoto to Nishimaizuru and then the Kitakinki Tango Akamatsu special train to Amanohashidate. I saw that train on a NHK World program and it looks great!

I have calculated the total cost of the trip starting and ending at Kyoto to be about 21,000 JPY. I will not have a JR Pass.

I wonder if some combination of the new Amanohashidate pass and/or JR West Kansai Wide Pass will facilitate/save money for my trip - however, the Kansai Pass is good for four days and I am planning to travel for five days....

Thanks for any advice.
by Maranyc  

Re: Amanohashidate Pass from April 2014 2014/2/17 10:23
Sorry I meant April 2014 of course!
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

... 2014/2/18 10:24
I assume you refer to the NHK show Train Cruise which covered Amanohashidate and the Akamatsu train.

I'm sure Uji will be here shortly to answer but while you wait there is some useful information for you here:-
http://seasidekyoto.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/kyoto-sea-area-pass-starts-from-1st.html

Not sure how easily you will be able to combine it with the JR West Kansai Wide Area Pass due to your extended days but perhaps combining that with an individual ticket may be useful.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate Pass from April 2012 2014/2/18 11:06
GC3 - Thanks so much! I don't know how you found that site but it is very helpful....I just have to digest its info and figure out if I can save by getting a pass or two or maybe just buy single tickets.

Did you see that NHK Train Cruise? I hope I can get a reservation - my next issue....lol...as the website is all in Japanese and I don't know if they take a US credit card but anyway I am sure it will be doable....

Thanks again!

... 2014/2/18 11:26
GC3 - Thanks so much!

You are welcome!

I don't know how you found that site but it is very helpful....

Google. Glad it is helpful.

I just have to digest its info and figure out if I can save by getting a pass or two or maybe just buy single tickets.

Yes, sounds like it will depend on your exact itinerary.

Did you see that NHK Train Cruise?

Yes, one of my friends recorded it so I only watched it on the weekend.

I hope I can get a reservation - my next issue....lol...as the website is all in Japanese and I don't know if they take a US credit card but anyway I am sure it will be doable....

I hope so, it looked like an interesting journey to me.

Good luck!

Re: Amanohashidate Pass from April 2012 2014/2/18 12:06
lol....google....some people are better at it than others....I tried it in English and Japanese and got nowhere!

I can't find anything on the Kitakinki Railway site either.....

Thanks!

... 2014/2/18 12:18
Googel tip of the day:-

I just used "Amanohashidate pass April 2014" and it was on the first page.

Re: Amanohashidate Pass from April 2012 2014/2/18 13:17
GC3 - that's what I meant about some people, like you, are better than others, like me, with google. If you don't put in 'April 2014' that site doesn't come up on the first page....but in the middle of the second and I might not have looked that far.....

I now challenge you to find another site that mentions it.....I wonder where that blogger got his/her info....I am going to email for further info....

reply to this thread