Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko to Minakami - taxi or bus option? 2014/2/17 20:21
Hi JPGuiders!

In my upcoming trip I'd like to visit Minakami and take in some hot springs. Does anyone know of a bus route? We would be travelling in June so road closure is no issue, we just don't want to travel back to Saitama to change over when there may be a more direct way.

If there is a bus, can you please direct me to booking and price info also?

Thanks!
by RLDarling  

Re: Nikko to Minakami - taxi or bus option? 2014/2/18 14:26
There is no direct public transportation between Minakami and Nikko. But it is not necessary to travel quite as far as via Saitama. Still it is a big detour versus taking the direct road through the mountains. The best route is usually by the JR Joetsu Line to JR Shin-Maebashi, then the JR Ryomo Line to Tochigi and then the Tobu Line to Nikko. It takes under 4 hours.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko to Minakami - taxi or bus option? 2014/2/18 16:20
Thanks so much, Uji! I think we will just use the Tobu line Asakusa - Tobu Nikko and not worry about getting the JR Kanto pass. The extra travelling around doesn't suit my relaxed pace, so I won't get good value from it unless I move more than I'd like to.

While I'm here I'd just like to say a big THANK YOU! You've been here since I planned my first trip back in '07, and through many trips and some time living in Osaka, and you're always a wealth of information! Thank you again, Uji.
by RLDarling rate this post as useful

reply to this thread