Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transfer at Inotani 2014/2/17 23:48
Will be travelling from Takayama after the Kurobe Alpine Route.

Read somewhere that said " No change of train is required if you take the Express from Takayama to Toyama."

Search at Hyperdia shows few option and one is Take time: 86 Minutes Transfer: 0 Times Distance: 89.4 km
Another option is Take time: 121 Minutes Transfer: 1 Times Distance: 89.4 km

Where there is a "transfer" at INOTANI, does it mean we can remain seated or we have to get out of the train and look for the next connecting train?
by JasperSG  

Re: Transfer at Inotani 2014/2/18 11:40
I can't replicate the exact times you got in Hyperdia since I didn't know your start time. But it seems that the one without a transfer is using the ltd express while the one with the transfer in Inotani is a normal train and not the express.

You will most likely have to get out and either wait at the same platform or one near by. I can't say for certain as I don't know how large Inotani station is as I've never been but it will be easy enough to find the train that continues onto Takayama so you won't have to worry about that if you choose to take the local train instead of the ltd express.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread