Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to leave luggage when climbing Mt. Fuji 2014/2/18 14:28
Looking to climb Mt. Fuji and leaving from the Kawaguchiko. Is there somewhere in the station to leave additional luggage for 2 days. Usually there are lockers but I don't know if there are any at this station.

Any suggestions on what to do would be great.
Thank you!
by russianscissors  

Re: Where to leave luggage when climbing Mt. Fuji 2014/2/18 23:09
There is lockers at kawaguchiko station. You could also leave your luggage at your hotel but I suggest you would ask in advance if its okay to do so.
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Where to leave luggage when climbing Mt. Fuji 2014/2/19 02:59
I took the bus from Shinjuku Station in Tokyo because they had three sizes of luggage lockers for storage. I don't know if size is an issue.

I also hope you're talking about climbing in the future as Fuji is generally closed outside of July and August to climbers.
by Amyranth (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to leave luggage when climbing Mt. Fuji 2014/2/19 10:22
Usually lockers at most train stations can only be used for the day. They are emptied at night, so you can't leave your stuff in there.

I left my luggage at the hotel I stayed until then and returned back to later. If you ask nicely, they might agree to keep your luggage there.
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Where to leave luggage when climbing Mt. Fuji 2014/2/19 10:47
Usually lockers at most train stations can only be used for the day. They are emptied at night, so you can't leave your stuff in there.

I think you be mistaking coin lockers with luggage checks. Most lockers in Japan let you store stuff in them for 3 days before they are cleared out. Do take note though that some lockers require additional payment for the days that your items are stored.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where to leave luggage when climbing Mt. Fuji 2014/2/19 11:23
Depending on how big your luggage is, there are also some small sized lockers at the Kawaguchiko 5th Station. Not sure I'd want to take the chance though, and I'd also suggest trying to store your extra luggage at your hotel.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where to leave luggage when climbing Mt. Fuji 2014/2/19 13:18
Thank you to everyone for replying!

I have seen coin lockers in the bigger stations but I will say that I never really paid attention either because it was never an issue.

Are you able to tell me more about the luggage checks and how this works?

I wasn't planning on getting a hotel and dropping off my luggage before heading to Fuji. My goal was to drop off luggage somewhere safe before arriving early in the day at 5th station hike to the 7th or 8th station, stay and sleep, hike late/early to watch sun rise, hike down, pick up luggage, then head to Hiroshima. Is this a bad idea regarding my luggage??

Thanks again for your input.
by russianscissors rate this post as useful

Re: Where to leave luggage when climbing Mt. Fuji 2014/2/20 00:29
You actually have a choice of 8th stations to hike from, because there's really only one 7th Station. After that, especially on the Yoshida trail, most of the stations are 8th station and 8.5 station and onwards. As long as you are at least that far, you will see the sunrise because you will be above the cloud line. I was unable to summit last year due to poor planning, but I was still able to watch the sunrise, and it was incredible. :)
by Amyranth (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread