Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asakusa to Narita Airport T2 morning flight 2014/2/24 21:15
hi experts,

i am staying at Hotel Asakusa and Capsule which is near to Asakusa Train station. My flight departing Narita is at 10:30am which means i have to be at the airport by 8:30am.

Can i ask:

1. Which is a better route to take?
Asakusa to Oshiage to Aoto via Keisei Narita sky access express??

2. What time should i start my journey as it is on a weekday. I am afraid it is super pack because of office hour.

Thanks!
by ALVIN (guest)  

Re: Asakusa to Narita Airport T2 morning flight 2014/2/25 19:44
If you take the Asakusa subway departing at 6:55am it'll continue on to Narita arriving at terminal 2 at 8:00am with no transfers. If you take the 6:57am departure you'll have to transfer at Aoto to the Keisei Ltd Express and will arrive at 8:24am
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa to Narita Airport T2 morning flight 2014/2/25 19:50
there's also another direct train at 7:23am arriving at 8:27. I would try to make the earlier ones just to be safe.
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa to Narita Airport T2 morning flight 2014/2/25 20:51
hi, thanks for the info! greatly appreciated!
by Alvin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa to Narita Airport T2 morning flight 2014/2/26 07:03
Please note that there are Asakusa Stations on two subway lines.
Your hotel seems to be closer to Asakusa Station of Toei subway Asakusa Line, from which a direct train is available for NRT, though you cannot reserve your seat.
Asakusa Station of Tokyo Metro subway Ginza Line is located nearby.

Which is a better route to take?

Let me suggest another option: to get from Asakusa to Shimbashi by subway, take a JR train on Yokosuka Line for a few minutes and make a transfer at Tokyo to Narita Express 9 departing at 7:31, which is scheduled to arrive at 8:33 to Airport Terminal 2.
- JR-East: timetables
http://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/english/wb/com...
- Tokyo Metro: map of subway Shimbashi Stations
http://www.tokyometro.jp/station/shimbashi/yardmap/images/yardmap.gif
(You can find a JR gate in the middle of the map.)
If you fly into Narita, a roundtrip Suica & NfEX package is worth considering.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

If you have reserved your Narita Express seat and picked up the ticket in advance, catching a subway train (on Asakusa or Ginza Line) by 6:45 sounds enough. Then you can reach Shimbashi by around 7:00, catch a JR Yokosuka Line train by 7:20 and make a transfer to Narita Express 9 at Tokyo.
(In a case where your Yokosuka Line train happens to be destined to Tokyo, you might need to change platforms. Narita Express 9 uses Sobu Underground Track 3 or 4.)

All seats of a Narita Express requires reservation. If you can pick up your ticket by 21:00 of the previous night, online reservation is available.
- JR-East: reservation
http://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/com...
(Although its name says "Shinkansen Reservation" you can try reserving your seats on some non-Shinkansen trains.)

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

P. S. 2014/2/26 07:11
Please be careful about directions on Asakusa Line.
On the route via Oshiage,: for Narita Airport.
On the route via Shimbashi: for Haneda Airport.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa to Narita Airport T2 morning flight 2014/2/26 07:37
Your #1 plan is best. Since most commuters will be coming IN to Tokyo, you will be going OUT, so it should not be crowded.
Going via Shimbashi as someone else suggested is the very worst way you could go. Slower, crowded and more expensive.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa to Narita Airport T2 morning flight 2014/2/26 09:15
I was surprised how crowded trains in direction of Chiba City can be in the morning. Nothing compared to the crowds in the opposite direction, but still not very pleasant. Then again, if you leave central Tokyo around 7am, it will likely be too early for too much congestion.

So, if you are a budget traveler who does not mind eventual small discomfort, I recommend your route.

But if you prefer to travel worry-free in comfort, I would recommend to take the taxi to Ueno Station and catch the Skyliner from there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa to Narita Airport T2 morning flight 2014/2/26 14:39
Uji's plan is by far the best.
"But if you prefer to travel worry-free in comfort, I would recommend to take the taxi to Ueno Station and catch the Skyliner from there."
The Skyliner costs Y2400, takes only about 40 minutes to the airport and has comfortable, reserved seats.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread