Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/1 13:47
Hi!
I plan to go from Nagoya to Tokyo. My plane arrives at CENTRAL JAPAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT(NGO) at 8:45pm Apr 8, 2014. Based on Hyperdia, I'll arrive at Nagoya station at around 11pm -12 midnight.

Either way, the next Shinkansen going to Tokyo will be available at around 6:00 AM April 9 already.
- Any suggestions on what to do in Nagoya between 12 midnight to 6am? Are there open stores, restaurants at around that time?
- Is there a locker at the Nagoya station where I can leave my bag?
by mc (guest)  

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/1 16:34
There is a luggage room at Nagoya station, I used it a few years ago.

As for what to do in Nagoya all night I don't know, if I were in your situation, I would have booked a hotel around the station area and tried to get some sleep for those few hours.
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/1 16:50
You can take a bus leaving Nagoya at midnight and arriving in Shinjuku at 6:20 am.

http://travel.willer.co.jp/dy/3/bus/pc/binList/?sdt=20140408&skb=05&ro...

by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/1 17:39
Some of restaurants open for 24 hours day.But I recomend you book the hotel.

There is a coin operated locker at the Nagoya Station.
by beedog rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/1 21:25
Is there a hotel/motel near the station where you can stay just for a few hrs? I didnt want to pay for a whole night stay when I only need the rm for a couple of hrs.

Another option is just to hang around at the centrair airport, and travel to Nagoya at 6am.

Another question:
In general, is it safe to be out in the streets in Nagoya at that time?
by mc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/1 22:34
by ika000 rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/1 23:17
Nagoya is pretty quiet at night. there is not much open, your choice will be very limited
by Daz88 rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/1 23:39
Just curious: why fly to Nagoya just to travel on to a city with two major airports? I would either fly directly to Tokyo, or spend some time in Nagoya.
by WizardOfOss rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/2 03:52
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm surprised Denny's in Japan. :)

@WizardOfOss, I got the flight to Nagoya on a whim because of a promo fare (roughly $200 return). Originally, I was just going to stick to Nagoya-Osaka-Kyoto area. But I've been told repeatedly to might as well get a JR Pass, and go to Tokyo. I did my math, and the airfare (Nagoya) + JR Pass ($500+) is still cheaper compared to the airfare going to Tokyo ($600+).

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/2 07:37
Just get a night bus to Tokyo, I think is your best bet
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/2 08:31
Okay, in that case it makes sense to fly to Nagoya :-)
by WizardOfOss rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/2 08:48
If your flight arrive as 8:45pm you will likely arrive arrive at Nagoya stn around 10pm at the latest.
by mk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/2 15:28
@aerond Will you know if the night bus is covered by the JR pass? I've been researching online but I'm getting conflicting information.

I've been checking Hyperdia on the train times. It's been giving me diff route results for Apr 8, Centrair - Tokyo. However, it doesn't give out any bus options.

Re: What to do in Nagoya from 12mn to 6am? 2014/3/2 19:38
the night bus is covered by the JR pass?

No.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html

The cheapest night bus I could find was by JR bus, but the site is Japanese only. If you purchase a ticket 21-30 days in advance, it is 2,400 yen one way.

https://www.kousokubus.net/PC/rail/index08.html
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread