Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shimanami Kaido walking 2014/3/4 02:40
I have 3 days and would like to do the Shimanami Kaido- if not all part of it- walking in mid April.There doesn't seem to be much information about walking so I would appreciate any recommendations. Maps with kilometer breakdown? Most convenient island stay over? Are there facilities to leave baggage in Onomichi for 3 days?
Thank you.
by Neki Rivera (guest)  

Re: Shimanami Kaido walking 2014/3/4 07:41
this site might be helpful
http://www.ononavi.com/model_course/
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shimanami Kaido walking 2014/3/5 08:53
The scale of the Shimanami Kaido and the distances between attractions makes it much better suited to cycling than walking, hence the lack of info for walkers. Personally I love walking, but I wouldn't walk across the Kurushima Bridge if you paid me. Cycling it is great fun though.

Omishima has quite a lot of things to do within reasonable walking distance, and there are some decent lodgings around Oyamazumi Shrine.
by Rod Walters (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shimanami Kaido walking 2014/3/5 18:16
Rod,
is it because of the wind?
i did part of the camino de santiago therefore i know about serious walking.as long as i don't go over 20 kms x day im ok. that's why i was interested in a breakdown in kms between the different islands.
by Neki Rivera (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread