Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Looking for info on accommodation in Koyasan? 2014/3/4 18:44
Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to Koyasan accommodation at all? Ifve found a few brief guides online but nothing really detailing the different temples you can stay in and the differences between them.

What are the average nightly prices and is there a big range in cost? We would like somewhere that does great food, isnft shabby looking and has nice grounds. Price is flexible as itfs a one night stay so wefre not sure how much to spend just yet.

My guidebook has next to no information on the area and Ifm not sure therefs much out there in English unless I am missing something?

Thanks in advance :)
by crazyblondechick  

Re: Looking for info on accommodation in Koyasan? 2014/3/5 09:16
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for info on accommodation in Koyasan? 2014/3/6 22:14
Thanks that's a really useful link :)

Does anyone have an idea of some well recommended temples to help me narrow down the list?

by crazyblondechick rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for info on accommodation in Koyasan? 2014/3/6 22:34
There are of course others, but I stayed here last year. It's good, they speak English and they are near Okunoin Temple....

http://www.ekoin.jp/en/

You'll find that it's almost all Temple Lodgings though.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for info on accommodation in Koyasan? 2014/3/7 22:22
Thank you :-)
It looks like Eko-in and Shojoshin-in are some of the most popular temples to stay in so I will look at those two.

Thanks for your help
by crazyblondechick rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for info on accommodation in Koyasan? 2014/3/8 00:04
They are pretty similar as far as I could tell, especially when it comes to price. The place I stayed in was fantastic. No regrets.

http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/tag/fudoin/
by rpcman (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread