Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/5 04:21
Hello

I want to go to Tokyo Skytree with my girlfriend for her birthday but I dont have a Japanese credit card to reserve a ticket online and so I would have to go there on the day and buy the tickets. Is there a long queue there and I wouldnt have trouble getting a ticket on the day, right?

Thanks for reading
by Jackee5  

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/5 17:34
I went there in April last year and didn't have probleme to go on the same day.
The queue is not very long but the process is.
First when you arrive you have to go to pick an entrance card. It will say at what time you can entry the tower.
When the time is come, you make the queue and buy your ticket and go directly to the observatory.
I think we arrive late morning, we grab the time ticket and we went in the tower something in beggining/middle afternoon.
During that time you can go shopping and have something to eat in the shopping mall under the tower.
Hope that helps!
by nekochan07 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/5 17:44
You can buy on day tickets. It will take 0-70 min (depends on date).

For more information, visit this site
http://skytree-fan.com
and select month that you want to visit.
Red shows the day very crowded, and white is good day to visit. Black shows the day closed.

Have a nice day:)
by Yuton (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/10 17:33
Dont know how to use website you just gave. It's all Japanese! :(
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/10 22:00
Just buy the tickets when you get there!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/11 05:54
Lol. The entire month of May is red, even the weekdays? Wow, I might be skipping this one on my trip!
by Secret Duckie rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/11 07:55
Secret Duckie: The entire month of May is red, even the weekdays?

The source is not official, and it seems to be just showing estimation.
Tokyo Skytree Town was opened in May 2012; there may well be anniversary events in May, some of which may attract many people.
I suppose no one can predict precisely the crowdedness of such new and large sightseeing facilities.

I want to go to Tokyo Skytree with my girlfriend for her birthday

I suppose you had better wait for your chance for several days, not trying your luck on one day only.
When it may be too windy, observatories of Tokyo Skytree may be closed.
(Elevators in Tokyo Skytree may be suspended for safety.)

Please note that admission tickets for the upper observatory (Tembo Galleria, around 450 meters high) are available only in the lower observatory (Tembo Deck, around 350 meters high).
(Regarding this point, presumably the operator of Tokyo Skytree followed the admission system of Tokyo Tower.)

Good luck!

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/13 03:47
I'm not sure if it still applies, perhaps it is busier now, but I went in March of last year during a weekday at night and only waited about 15min for tickets.
by Higgz rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/17 01:39
Hi I'm facing the same problem as well. I wanted to buy the ticket earlier to avoid the long queue. I heard that there are travel agencies that sells the ticket in advance. Does anyone know or can suggest any travel agency in Tokyo that offer the service?
by nora (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/17 01:45
I went in October and walked all the way there from Tokyo Station to get evening shots of Tokyo only to find out they had closed the observation decks because of high winds from the typhoons that were close to Tokyo. The very next morning, I queued up at 7:30am and there were only 5 people ahead of me, so when 8:00am came, I was one of the first to get tickets.

If you do it early in the morning, I see no issues with getting tickets the same day.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/17 03:21
I went to Sky tree ... three times.
The first, it was under construction.http://www.soleilrouge.org/tokyo-sky-tree-la-tete-dans-les-etoiles

The second, we had a reservation to mount. I stayed downstairs.http://www.soleilrouge.org/tokyo-sky-tree-2012-mes-plus-belles-photos-...

The third time I went there at 17:30. There was a half hour wait.
I suggest you go to see the night fall on Tokyo, the show is magical:http://www.soleilrouge.org/tokyo-sky-tree-enfin-on-monte
by fuchan29 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/23 15:25
Is there a travel agent where I can buy the tickets in advance ?

Going in May too and almost everyday is 'red' on the website !

Thanks.
by lifesucketh rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/23 19:28
I went last November (On a weekday) at 4pm for the sunset and I was up in the observatory for around 4.30pm. This I believe is a popular time of the day to visit. Though users here can correct me if I'm wrong?

Just like anything it really does depend on the day. Though I'd highly recommend midweek rather than the weekend to visit.
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree tickets 2014/3/23 21:31
I was there on a September Friday last year. It was part of a half day tour which also included a visit to the temples at Asakusa. When u go in a tour group u are given priority so u don't have to be stuck in the snaking queue, esp on or near weekends.
by The Vapors rate this post as useful

reply to this thread