Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsumoto Craft Fair and castle in one day? 2014/3/10 07:23
Hello,

I will be in Japan in May and I'm wondering if it's possible to see the Matsumoto Craft Fair and Matsumoto's castle in a day trip from Tokyo (by Ltd Express). I'm not sure about how big the fair is or how long it will take so if anyone's been there before please let me know.I'm also worried that the castle will be too crowded because of the people attending the fair.

My other option (and original plan before adding the fair to our itinerary) is visiting the castle as a separate day trip from Takayama.

Thanks!
by ce. (guest)  

Re: Matsumoto Craft Fair and castle in one day? 2014/5/10 15:58
You can enjoy both the castle and craft fair all at once.
As you mentioned, it will be very crowded at the castle as well as the craft fair on both 24th & 25th. The castle gate is open from 8:30, and there may be a queue to enter the castle keep. If you are able to be at the castle around 8:00 a.m. and wait for 30 to 60 minutes to enter the keep, you can leave the castle before noon. However if you are arriving the castle around 9:30, you may have to wait for 60 to 90 minutes.
Good news is Matsumoto Castle is rather small, so it may take only less than an hour to see everything in the keep.
The castle and craft fair venue is not so far, only about 2 kilo meters away, about 20 minutes walk.
Craft Fair Matsumoto is taking place at "Agata-no-mori" park, there you can eat and see many different crafts. See the following site.

http://welcome.city.matsumoto.nagano.jp/modules/xpressme/?p=1714

I think 3 hours will be enough to explore the fair and you can leave for Tokyo before the last train for sure!

Check also free downtown Matsumoto Map in English. «
http://welcome.city.matsumoto.nagano.jp/modules/xpressme/?p=1663
by Matsumoto Loco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread