Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sagano Scenic Railway operation days? 2014/3/14 21:26
Hi, I would like to travel on the Sagano Scenic Railway on the 2nd of April 2014 (Wednesday). I understand that the train is usually not operated on Wednesdays. However, it does state that it will operate on Wednesdays during the spring break.

Can anyone help to confirm whether or not this train will be in operations on the 2nd of April 2014?
by Sharon (guest)  

Re: Sagano Scenic Railway operation days? 2014/3/15 14:34
Not only will the train operate on April 2, there will also be an additional train in the afternoon. This is because it is high-season due to the cherry blossoms:
http://sagano-kanko.co.jp/schedule.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Railway operation days? 2014/3/15 16:11
Thank you very much, Uji!

Do you think it will be possible for me to go there and buy tickets on the same day itself? Or will they most likely be sold out due to peak season?
by Sharon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Railway operation days? 2014/3/16 08:32
I don't think that all trains will be booked out in advance on regular weekdays, but I cannot guarantee. There is a risk that some of the trains will be booked out and you have to wait. And later during the day, all trains may book out. I recommend to make advance reservation. They can be made at JR ticket counters around Kyoto and Osaka.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread