Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Night time at Arashiyama 2014/3/15 16:52
Hello, I am planning my trip to Arashiyama.

1. May I know what time will the sky turns dark at the end of November. I will be there from 4.30pm to 7.30pm.

2. Since the Illumination festival is only in December, will the bamboo groove area and Togetsukyo bridge be too dark?

3. The randen tram line does not accept the kyoto iday-subway pass but it accepts ICOCA. I get abit confuse reading the online guide on how to ride the randen tram using ICOCA. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks
by TrinityX  

Re: Night time at Arashiyama 2014/3/16 08:46
May I know what time will the sky turns dark at the end of November.

The sun sets around 16:45. The timing of darkness depends on the day's weather.

2. Since the Illumination festival is only in December, will the bamboo groove area and Togetsukyo bridge be too dark?

I am not sure how lit-up the bridge and bamboo grove are during the evenings. But I know from my own experience that Arashiyama becomes surprisingly calm and empty of people after the shops close for the day.

3. The randen tram line does not accept the kyoto iday-subway pass but it accepts ICOCA. I get abit confuse reading the online guide on how to ride the randen tram using ICOCA. Can anyone help me here?

Just touch the card reader. It will be quite obvious.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Night time at Arashiyama 2014/3/16 16:38
Thanks Uji.

Do you happen to know if the Kyoto Subway and Randen 1-day ticket is available for sale at the Kyoto Station Tourist Info Center?

Cheers
by TrinityX rate this post as useful

Re: Night time at Arashiyama 2014/3/17 00:35
I was there in Feb though, not Nov.

I only got to Arashiyama close to 5pm. There was still some day light when I was at the bamboo groves and we were still able to take some clear photos.

But as we proceeded to the Togetsukyo Bridge after 5.30pm or so, the sky was getting dark. I would say it's too dark after 6pm to get decent photos. The bridge is not lit during other periods.
by CL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Night time at Arashiyama 2014/3/17 07:26
Do you happen to know if the Kyoto Subway and Randen 1-day ticket is available for sale at the Kyoto Station Tourist Info Center?

No, it is not. It can be purchased at Shijo-Omiya, Katabiranotsuji, Arashiyama or Kitano Hakubaicho Stations or at the ticket counters of the Kyoto Subway.

It is also sold at several hotels:
京都タワーホテル・ホテルオークス京都四条・リノホテル京都・桜庵KYOTO HOTEL・ホテルアルファ京都・ホテルマイステイズ京都四条・ホテルブライトンシティ京都山科・三条いろは旅館・京都ブライトンホテル・祇をん新門荘・京都ホテルオークラ・ハートンホテル京都・ウェスティン都ホテル京都・渡月亭・京都堀川イン・京都シティホテル・京都ロイヤルホテル&スパ
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Night time at Arashiyama 2014/3/17 14:15
Thanks CL, I will have to changing the time now as one of my aim is to see the fall colours at Togetsukyo Bridge.

Uji, thanks again. Just to re-confirm, ticket counters of the Kyoto Subway means I can get it at the subway counter of Kyoto Station right?

by TrinityX rate this post as useful

reply to this thread