Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is the hike to Taikoiwa Rock steep 2014/3/20 02:46
I'm planning to do a hike course in Shirataniunsuikyo in Yakushima in May. I've read several blog posts/guide books that said the hike to Taikoiwa rock (the full course hike in shirataniunsuikyo) is "Steep". Has anyone ever done it? Exactly just how "steep" is it?

For reference, if there's anyone who's been to Peru, I've hiked up to Huayna Picchu in Macchu Picchu and though there were some "steep" legs, you always had a handle bar on the side to hold on to. I am by no means an experienced/avid hiker.

Thank you
by Rinali (guest)  

Re: Is the hike to Taikoiwa Rock steep 2014/3/22 23:37
The hike to Taiko Iwa is not technically challenging and so long as you are fit then the full day hike is no problem. Consider hiring a guide if you wish to know what you are looking at or are interested in learning something about Yakushima. Without a guide then it looks pretty, but means nothing.
yesyakushima.com can sort you out with accommodation and just about everything you may need to visit Yakushima and their services are free.
by yesyakushima (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread