Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/20 20:34
I plan to go to Yoshino from Nara April 11. How do i make a reservation on the Kintestsu line. Can i make the reservation at Kintestsu Nara station when i get to Nara on April 10?
Or, would it be better to make the reservation earlier at Kyoto station?

Thank you
by happyshirt  

Re: Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/21 09:18
How do i make a reservation on the Kintestsu line.

At any Kintetsu Station.

Can i make the reservation at Kintestsu Nara station when i get to Nara on April 10?

Yes

Or, would it be better to make the reservation earlier at Kyoto station?

That would also be possible.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/21 09:38
Thank you yllwsmrf.

where would i make the reservation in Kyoto station? i remember there was a JR office but never noticed one for Kintetsu?
by happyshirt rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/21 09:43
oh ignore that question. i found the kintetsu webpage and the information is quite good.

thank you.

Re: Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/21 09:50
There's a station service office where you can buy limited express tickets. You can see it on this map:

http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/about_stations/3-4-ky...

Re: Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/21 09:52
Whoops, didn't see your latest message until I'd already posted.

Re: Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/21 12:44
Appreciate the help. Thank you.

Re: Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/23 09:32
I looked at hyperdia for the timetable from Kintetsu-Nara to Yoshino.
Seat fee is only applicable for certain segments? or does it mean the seat fee is for the whole trip including the changes at stations?
Sorry i'm so confused.

Thank you.

Re: Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/23 16:53
Seat fees are only mandatory if you use a limited express train. The other trains can be used without seat reservations.

So, if you go from Kintetsu-Nara to Yoshino, you should buy a base fare ticket from Kintetsu-Nara (or use a Icoca/Suica/etc. card). And if you use a limited express train for part of the section, you need to buy a separate limited express ticket for that train. If you use two limited express trains with a transfer along the way, you have to make two reservations. However, if the transfer between the two limited express trains is within 30 minutes, the cost will just be with respect to the entire distance covered by the limited express trains.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation on express Yoshino from Nara 2014/3/23 19:00
THank you Uji. As usual helps to clear the confusion somehwat.
So would it be easier especially since my Japanese is very very basic. To go to the Kintetsu counter in Kyoto station when I arrive into Kyoto with a printout from Hyperdia and just let them take care of it and pay whatever is quoted?

Thanks.

reply to this thread