Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Purchasing Airport Express Haruka tickets 2014/3/23 07:34
Hi,

I have a flight to catch at the Kansai International Airport (KIX) and I will be staying close to the Shin Osaka Station. It seems like the best way to get there is via the JR Airport Express Haruka.

Am I able to purchase the tickets from the Shin Osaka station? If so, can I purchase them in advance? Or would I have enough time to buy one on the spot prior boarding.

Thanks!
by jhuat88  

Re: Purchasing Airport Express Haruka tickets 2014/3/23 08:26
Am I able to purchase the tickets from the Shin Osaka station?

Yes, at Shin-Osaka Station or any other JR station with ticket counter in Japan.

If so, can I purchase them in advance?

Yes, you can purchase them from one month in advance.

Or would I have enough time to buy one on the spot prior boarding.

That would, of course, depend on how early go to the station! If you are not familiar with ticket purchases in Japan, I would recommend to go at least 15-20 minutes in advance. There is a risk that reserved seating will be booked out, in which case you could always ride in the non-reserved section.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing Airport Express Haruka tickets 2014/3/23 08:52
I usually buy my tickets using the ticket machine just prior to boarding; if you're going to buy at the counter the line can be long at times so get there early. Since your hotel is nearby it might be better to get them the night before.
by mk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing Airport Express Haruka tickets 2014/3/23 09:00
Some people (not me, I like to travel leisurely so I usually have ample time to buy my tickets as I go) like to buy/book the tickets for their trip once and for all at the JR ticket office of the airport right after landing, since it's generally not very crowded.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing Airport Express Haruka tickets 2014/3/23 09:02
Do you know what is the closing times for these offices? I foresee myself coming back very late the night before.

Also, would I be able to purchase these tickets back in the Tokyo Station JR office?

Thanks!
by jhuat88 rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing Airport Express Haruka tickets 2014/3/23 09:28
The ticket office at Shin Osaka normally closes at 23:30; on 3/31 it will be closing at 23:00.

You should be able to purchase the ticket in Tokyo.

by mk (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread