Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nara and Horyuji 2014/3/26 23:03
Hello,

So my question is, I have been to Nara and saw Todaiji, the deer and the park with the pagoda and temples( though admittedly there was a lot of renovation at the time). Is the pagoda that is in the same park, though different part, as Todaiji Horyuji? It's been almost 2 years so I forgot. If it isn't, what is the one in Nara park called and by train how far is Horyuji.
Sorry I can't seem to get the right answer. I'm sure with a little digging I could find it but it may be easier to ask someone.

P.S. If it isn't too much trouble, what is the big one in Kyoto called. This isn't too important as I will look it up tomorrow.
by ChiefZero (guest)  

Re: Nara and Horyuji 2014/3/27 11:05
Hi,

The beautiful five-storied pagoda where deers walk around is Koufuku-ji temple's that famous for the statue of Ashura.
Houryu-ji is beautiful but isolated.
And a famous five-storied pagod of Tou-ji temple near Kyoto station.

BTW, the five-storied pagoda is called "gojuu no tou" in Japanese. "Koufuku-ji no gojuu no tou", "Houryu-ji no gojuu no tou" and so on.

Have a nice trip!(^-^)/
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread